Posted here: · Expires:
A project or contract Associate Producer position
Fully remote: working with a USA-based team at Wondery.
Salary: $5,600 (monthly rate)
AP/RESEARCHER NARRATIVE MEDICAL MYSTERIES SHOW
Wondery is hiring for an Associate Producer/Researcher for a new weekly narrative show about medical mysteries. This role will primarily research possible episode ideas and prepare research dossiers for approved pitches. This role will also support day-to-day production processes for all aspects of the show. You will be vital to the show team, providing research, production and technical support. You will report to the senior producer and work closely with the producers and host. This is a full-time six month contract position with the possibility to extend. We’re looking for someone to start ASAP.
Compensation is based on experience and skillset and will be no less than $1,400 per week.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Research and pitch medical mystery stories for the host to cover
- Create story assessments and research briefs for chosen pitches
- Support the producers/writers with additional research as needed
- Work with transcripts and format scripts
- Assist the the team with scheduling, coordination and post production as needed
- Draft public-facing episode summaries
- 2-3 years of relevant experience
- Excellent research skills with proven ability to pivot and problem solve
- Journalistic instinct for sourcing material
- Strong bias for action and ability to take ownership of work
- Proven audio writing skills
- Audio production experience
- Experience with Descript and/or other DAW systems
This job has expired
We’re sorry, but this job post has now expired, and you cannot apply for it any longer.
Go to our front page to see current jobs.
What does a Associate Producer role normally entail?The Podcast Taxonomy definition for a role like this in Creative Direction says: “The Associate Producer performs one or more producer functions as delegated to them by a Producer.”
This exact role may have different requirements.