Senior Writer, Podcasting
Posted here: · Expires:
A full time Writer position at Wondermind, Los Angeles CA, USA
Wondermind is a multimedia brand and content company dedicated to mental health and storytelling across all platforms. Wondermind is producing feature films, television shows, audio storytelling and social series under the Wondermind brand. All of Wondermind’s efforts are anchored by a singular mission: to change the narrative for mental health.
Summary of Position
Wondermind is looking for an experienced and talented Writer to join our team. In this role, you will collaboratively lead others, as well as have a hands-on role in the creation of podcast content.
You will need to be able to intuitively assess content and be able to script content to share stories with a podcast audience. Ideal candidates will have creative writing and podcast experience. A unique qualification will be a demonstrative passion for audio storytelling and for working with other audio professionals.
What You Will Do:
- Plan and prepare episode topics
- Write episode scripts
- Write long and short form entertaining content that can be made programmatic
- Write episode notes and descriptions
- Review and transcribe episodes
- Research + pitch new story ideas
- Conduct research + build and maintain a database of potential stories
- Deliver quality programming consistently while adhering to deadlines
- Work alongside the Senior Producer and Editor to curate a well-balanced slate of podcasts for the Wondermind brand
What We Are Looking For:
- 5+ years of experience writing narrative or talent-driven content
- At least two years of experience in podcasting, radio, or video with additional experience in a deadline-driven media environment
- Experience in storytelling
- Ability to demonstrate highly efficient organizational skills, attention to detail and time-management
- Ability to showcase prior work projects involving use of compelling research that tells a compelling story
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, journalism, TV production, or related field
- A distinct creative approach
- Proficiency in digital audio + transcription software and Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience working with talent, especially talent who may be new to media
- Must be Los Angeles based
- A love for and patience with the collaborative process
- Excellent communication skills
- A passion for both the written and spoken word
At Wondermind, we want team members with diverse and distinctive voices, dedicated to the mission of changing the narrative for mental health. Wondermind is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Please email resume, cover letter and a portfolio of past work to email@example.com
Please mention podjobs.net in your application.
What does a Writer role normally entail?The Podcast Taxonomy definition for a role like this in Writing says: “The Writer has written the story or dialogue of a podcast. The Writer is often involved in the creative arc of a production, but this is not a necessary requirement. Writers may work in fictional or non-fictional podcasts.”
This exact role may have different requirements.
See 3 jobs at Wondermind