Posted here: · Expires:
A full time Audio Engineer position at Wonder Media Network, New York NY, USA
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Monitor and help develop production schedules and maintain communication with hosts and guests
- Manage audio and digital content in all stages of production
- Pitch and coordinate interview bookings
- Secure and coordinate tape syncs
- Conduct research and produce prep docs for podcast interviews
- Regularly pitch creative stories, conduct interviews as needed
- Write and edit scripts
- Cut clips and assist producers with audio editing as needed
- Produce and edit transcripts
- Produce weekly memo for WMN staff about industry trends and internal updates
- Assist with the creation of social campaigns and marketing collateral
- Maintain relationships with outside freelancers and vendors
- Interact with listeners who have questions, help field requests
- Keep various databases and internal systems up to date
Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements
- 1-2 years professional experience, media-background preferred
- Audio production experience preferred
- Proficiency with Google Suite and audio editing software such as Adobe Audition or Pro Tools, bonus if you have experience with project management tools such as Asana
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Advanced fact checking and research skills - must be resourceful, savvy and accurate
- Able to think creatively and to conceptualize viable stories in many formats
- Strong time management, attention to detail, and interpersonal skills
- Desire to work in a demanding, rigorous, and highly rewarding, start up environment with opportunities for leadership
- Committed to uplifting underrepresented voices in media
Position is based out of New York, NY with a requirement to be in the office 3 days a week. Salary starts at $50K + benefits.
This job has expired
We’re sorry, but this job post has now expired, and you cannot apply for it any longer.
Go to our front page to see current jobs.
What does a Audio Engineer role normally entail?The Podcast Taxonomy definition for a role like this in Audio Production says: “The Audio Engineer helps record and produce audio by setting up recording environments, monitoring recoding, and providing technical adjustments throughout. The Audio Engineer is present during the recording process, most often making adjustments in real time. The Audio Engineer may work with conversation, music, foley, or any other type of audio.”
This exact role may have different requirements.