Senior Podcast Producer, The Cut
A full time position at Vox Media, New York NY, USA
Posted: May 11, 2020
As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations and influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, and print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives and entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential and respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street and Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, and Vox Media Studios produces and distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform and Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators and marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Companies in Media,” an Inc. “Company of the Year,” Digiday’s “Best Company for Parents,” and one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
The Vox Media Podcast Network is one of the largest and fastest-growing collections of high-quality podcasts. With more than 175 active shows from Vox Media’s editorial networks and beyond, there is a show to feed every passion — from daily news and policy, to tech and business, to culture and sports.
We’re looking for an enterprising Senior Producer who loves The Cut and is passionate about reviving its podcast with a new team. You'll lead production of a weekly audio magazine highlighting culture, style, sex, politics and more, working closely with the host and The Cut staffers to develop and execute recurring segments, interviews and stories. If you're right for this role, you're a hands-on, deadline-driven producer who can confidently drive weekly show production while working to push creative boundaries and continue evolving the show's sound over the long term.
What you'll do:
- Oversee the show's monthly editorial calendar and facilitate weekly editorial meetings
- Coordinate with host, The Cut staff, and EPs to develop each week's show rundown and facilitate production of individual segments
- Book, prep, and conduct interviews; cut tape; and develop script outlines as needed
- Working closely with show Engineer, direct scoring and mixing process
- Manage freelancer pitches and contributions
- Host coaching and development as needed
- Act as show's point of contact for Revenue, Marketing and Experiential teams
- Facilitate ongoing evaluation of show’s format, structure, and sound with host(s) and edit leads
What you'll bring:
- Experience vetting story/episode pitches, and shaping them in service of a show's stylistic and editorial parameters
- Experience as the editorial/creative lead for a successful podcast or broadcast program
- Ability to coach host/reporter talent in developing a sound/voice aligned with a show's editorial mission
- Enthusiasm for working with editorial teams of varied skillsets and diverse experience in audio
- A portfolio that demonstrates an ear for great tape and inventive approaches to audio storytelling
- Confidence overseeing a daily or weekly editorial product
- A track record of developing stories that draw on diverse perspectives/source lists
- Strong collaborative skills, as well as the ability to delegate and prioritize effectively
- Proficiency in audio mixing
Get more details
Please mention podjobs.net in your application.