Engagement Manager, Podcasts
A part time position at Vox Media, Washington DC, United States of America
Posted: August 6, 2019
Vox Media is the leading independent modern media company. Known for building the best media brands and the technology that enables them, we are committed to building a better future for the industry — and getting the future of media right. Vox Media’s editorial networks include Vox, The Verge, SB Nation, Eater, Polygon, Recode, and Curbed. Our diverse storytelling and advertising businesses include the Concert publisher-led marketplace, the Vox Creative brand studio, the Chorus publishing platform, and the company’s entertainment division Vox Media Studios, which includes the Vox Media Podcast Network and Epic.
Vox’s growing podcast team produces some of the biggest shows in the news space, from The Ezra Klein Show and Recode Decode to Today, Explained and a growing portfolio of limited-run narrative series. Whether talk or narrative, all shows are grounded in Vox’s core mission to explain the news and the world.
Now we’re looking to hire an engagement manager with a background in podcasts to support two of our shows. The ideal candidate will be a strong writer, a self-starter who can also collaborate well in a team environment, and passionate about the news. Someone who is tenacious, works well in a cross-functional environment, and is good at managing partner relationships will excel in this role.
This role will sit on Vox.com’s engagement team and will work very closely with both our editorial podcast teams and Vox Media’s podcast marketing department.
What you'll do:
- Execute strategies to help increase downloads
- Help our shows reach our on-site audience, by writing SEO-optimized posts for Vox.com that highlight podcast episodes
- Come up with creative ways to highlight evergreen episodes relevant in the news again on search and social
- Track highly-trafficked pages on Vox.com and embed relevant podcast episodes
- Curate the best moments of each show on Vox.com’s brand social accounts
- Facilitate cross-promotion of our shows with other podcast platforms and networks, like NPROne, TuneIn, and iHeartRadio, resulting in an increase in downloads
- Work with guests’ teams to ensure they share the shows
- Craft launch plan for a new 3x/week show about technology news
What you'll bring:
- Extremely strong creative writer
- Impeccable editorial judgment — both for what’s new, and what’s important
- Existing understanding of SEO
- Incredible attention to detail and intolerance for errors
- Professional experience writing for or running social for a major media outlet or brand is a plus
- Existing relationships with podcast platforms, or with other news podcasts
Vox values thinkers, creatives and obsessives from all backgrounds. Our teams are looking to hire the right person — not the right resume. We encourage those with diverse and nontraditional experience to apply.
This is a part-time, temporary role. Our strong preference is for this role to work out of our Washington, DC, office, although New York is an option.
About working at Vox Media: Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Get more details