A full time position at Transmitter Media, Brooklyn NY, USA
Posted: April 29, 2021
Salary range: $68,000 to $72,000 (yearly rate) - subject to experience
Transmitter Media is a Peabody-nominated podcast production company specializing in highly edited and beautifully sound designed work. Our podcasts have reached tens of millions of listeners worldwide, are often included on “best-of” lists, and have received honors and awards from the Webbys to the Gracies. Proudly woman-owned and operated since 2017, we make creative work that is intentional and inclusive.
We produce podcasts in a range of styles, from serialized narratives to investigative journalism to conversation shows. Our work includes Finding Fred, Election 101 (CNN), WorkLife with Adam Grant (TED), Rebel Eaters Club and a Webby-winning episode of 30 for 30.
We are looking for an Associate Producer to join our team. Your time would be split between several projects, supporting and learning from teams working on podcasts ranging from conversation shows to highly produced storytelling series.
Associate Producers at Transmitter are responsible for varied duties at every stage of production including but not limited to:
- Assisting at all phases of podcast production across several shows.
- Managing booking and scheduling.
- Recording and editing tape.
- Researching and reporting show topics.
- Transcribing or managing transcriptions of tape.
- Organizing recordings, reporting trips, and other key components of show production.
- Communicating with clients and production partners.
- An audio producer with 2+ years of experience in audio production.
- Some experience in reporting, field producing and thinking in narrative arc.
- Experience editing audio (we use Pro Tools).
- Clear communicator.
- A team player, ready to assist producers with whatever production tasks arise.
- This is a full-time New York-based position, with a full benefits package. Salary range: $68-72k
- Our staff is friendly, welcoming, and invested in each others’ success. We love to organize skillshares, convene group listening discussions with snacks, and during remote times when we can’t lunch together, share recipes and book recommendations.
Transmitter Media actively seeks employees from a diverse set of backgrounds, and actively encourages everyone to apply.
Please send a resume, cover letter, and links to audio you've produced, along with a short paragraph (500 words max) telling us about a podcast you love and why (note: we’re not trying to gauge your taste or style; we’re interested in your thought process around what makes a show good!) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline is May 21, 2021.
Transmitter Media provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Get more details
Please mention podjobs.net in your application.