Producer & Editor - Digital
Posted here: · Expires:
A full time position at The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York NY, USA
About the Metropolitan Museum of Art
The Metropolitan Museum of Art collects, studies, conserves, and presents significant works of art across all times and cultures in order to connect people to creativity, knowledge, and ideas.
The Met presents over 5,000 years of art from around the world for everyone to experience and enjoy. The Museum lives in two iconic sites in New York City—The Met Fifth Avenue and The Met Cloisters. Since it was founded in 1870, The Met has always aspired to be more than a treasury of rare and beautiful objects. Every day, art comes alive in the Museum's galleries and through its exhibitions and events, revealing both new ideas and unexpected connections across time and across cultures.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
The Digital Producer/Editor develops public-facing digital content that contributes to a world class experience for audiences onsite at The Met's NYC venues and globally via online channels and platforms. The Met seeks a creative thinker with a talent for storytelling, who has a demonstrated commitment to including a diversity of perspectives. This individual works in collaboration with other producers, project managers, and stakeholders across the Museum, including Curatorial, Education and Marketing, to develop content that is compelling and relevant to visitors, leading to deeper engagement and impact.
The Digital Producer/Editor creates content for a range of digital projects from conception through completion. They create and execute project proposals, specifications, and budgets, develop storytelling strategies, and ensure quality and consistency across digital content. They also collaborate with and guide other content creators, designers, external contractors, writers, copywriters, and production teams.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Develop, scope, edit, and produce original content for The Met’s digital channels, such as: editorial content, video and audio production, digital interactives on-site at the Museum, and online features.
- Serve as a liaison between the Digital Content team and internal and external teams, ensuring that all parties meet the creative goals, editorial and tone guidelines, and milestones for the project.
- Develop and execute project schedules, track project status and manage team deliverables.
- Provide ongoing reports to stakeholders throughout the Museum, as needed.
- Troubleshoot creative and technical problems to ensure timely production and publication of content to the content management systems (CMS) or third-party platforms.
- Facilitate updates to the website and CMS.
- Store and catalog digital media using Digital Asset Management software and following Museum guidelines and best practices.
- Collaborate with The Met’s Communications and Marketing teams on digital outreach and distribution.
- Collaborate with colleagues on data analytics and reporting to meet goal area Key Performance Indicators.
- Other duties as assigned**
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
Fully vaccinated with an FDA or WHO authorized vaccine (or approved for an exemption as a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, sincerely held religious belief, or pregnancy, or because you are a victim of domestic violence, stalking, or sex offenses).
Experience and Skills:
- Three to five years of experience in public-facing digital technologies, cultural journalism, media and video production, digital communications, or related field.
- Strong creative and editorial skills; including writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Project management, budgeting, communication, collaboration, and organizational abilities.
- Ability to supervise and guide production teams, video crews, audio engineers, and editors.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a capacity to communicate easily and professionally with staff across functional areas and departments.
- Knowledge of new developments in digital storytelling, technologies, and delivery.
- Ability to handle multiple complex tasks, manage deadlines, and coordinate/produce time-sensitive materials. Must be able to deliver on time and within budget.
- Enthusiasm, initiative, and a strong sense of self-motivation and follow-through are key qualities for this position.
Knowledge and Education:
- Related educational background or equivalent work experience required. For example: Bachelor’s degree or 3+ years of professional experience or formal training in media production, digital communications, journalism, visual or moving image arts.
- Knowledge of, or interest in learning about, new developments in digital storytelling, technologies, and digital content experiences.
- Additional knowledge that is not required but considered a plus: familiarity with web Content Management Systems, such as Sitecore; familiarity with media editing tools and software, such as Premier, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Creative Suite; familiarity with project management systems such as Airtable and Jira.
The Metropolitan Museum of Art provides equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, alienage or citizenship status, marital status or domestic partner status, genetic information, genetic predisposition or carrier status, gender identity, HIV status, military status and any other category protected by law in all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, lay-off and termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Please apply through our Met Careers Site at https://metmuseum.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/metmuseumcareers/job/The-MET-Fifth-Avenue/Producer---Editor--Digital_JR-41676
Please mention podjobs.net in your application.