Podcast production assistant (freelance)
Posted here: · Expires:
A project or contract Audio Editor position
Fully remote: working with a Switzerland-based team at SWI swissinfo.ch.
We are seeking a freelance production assistant to work in a regular capacity supporting an experienced journalist in the production of a fortnightly, English-language podcast. The position involves a commitment of aprx. 10 hours per month.
Apply here: https://jobs.srgssr.ch/srg/job-vacancies/podcast-production-assistant-english-freelance-job/63114799-102f-4d99-942f-b8584c0f59de
In direct co-ordination with the journalist, you would:
- Edit the podcast episode audio: cutting, fixing issues with sound, setting levels and mixing clips to produce the final episode audio file
- Give feedback on episode and sections of raw interviews to drop or keep
- Be present (also remotely) for recording of content for fortnightly show
- Prepare short clips to use in social media distribution
- Possible contact with guests to obtain images or other content/information for promotional purposes
- Previous experience of audio editing and working with podcasts
- Advanced user of Adobe Audition
- Avid podcast listener who follows industry trends
- Native English speaker or excellent level of written and spoken English
- Excellent communicator with ability to collaborate remotely across digital platforms
- Knowledge of and interest in international and humanitarian affairs
- Knowledge of and experience using podcast platforms
- Professional/educational background in journalism or audio production
- Experience promoting and distributing podcasts on different platforms including social
- Video editing skills for potential future expansion of role and product
- Ability to easily travel to Bern and/or Geneva
What we have to offer
- Experience working with a senior journalist for an international public media organisation
- Possibility to work remotely
- Involvement in a fast-moving product environment
- Collaboration with a diverse and international team
We welcome and actively encourage applications from diverse backgrounds and communities.
Get more details
Please mention podjobs.net in your application.
What does a Audio Editor role normally entail?The Podcast Taxonomy definition for a role like this in Audio Post-Production says: “The Audio Editor cuts and rearranges audio for clarity and storytelling purposes. The Audio Editor may also perform general audio processing and mastering.”
This exact role may have different requirements.
Report this position