Tech Lead / CTO
A full time position
Telecommuting role: Working for Supercast , this is a fully remote position.
Posted: Feb 10, 2020
We’re looking for a strong Tech Lead / CTO (depending on experience) to lead product development, build a world-class tech team and help revolutionize the way podcasters get paid.
Supercast helps podcasters monetize their passion by making it easy to deliver member-exclusive content to loyal fans, unlocking predictable, recurring revenue in the process. The podcast market is exploding, and our early success with high-profile podcasters has put Supercast at the heart of a movement that empowers content creators to earn money directly from their fans.
You’ll be primarily responsible for technical development, making both high-level and tactical decisions that balance speed-to-market with long-term growth needs. In your first year you’ll likely be coding day-to-day (60%) as well as hiring and growing a high-performing and close-knit team. Our beta product is built in Rails on AWS and you’ll be empowered to choose the right technology for the job. You’ll also have a strong influence on other strategic areas, including our product roadmap, hiring plan and culture.
Supercast is a remote-first company with current team members in Victoria BC and Oakland CA. We welcome remote applicants, with a preference for work windows within 3 hours of Pacific Standard Time.
A typical day would involve:
- Owning all technical development and decision making, including product processes such as sprint planning, code reviews, retros, data protection and quality assurance.
- Develop a product roadmap that balances customer needs with infrastructure and business goals.
- Growing and nurturing a small and high-performing engineering team with a strong product-led culture.
Being a Tech Lead requires:
- You have a track-record of delivering well-engineered products with Rails and AWS that handle large volumes of data.
- You have a strong technical background as a CTO or Engineering Lead in early-mid stage companies.
- You love developing people and creating an inclusive, collaborative culture where everyone is motivated to do their best work.
- You’re obsessed about the customer experience and have an intuition for great product design.
- You’re passionate about the discovery phase of new features and product-market fit.
- You’re highly effective at communicating with non-technical stakeholders and customers.
Why you’ll love working at Supercast
We're a mission-led team that cares deeply about the customers that we serve, the way we build a product and a passionate team culture where we can do our best work together. We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company - everyone's voice counts.
Supercast is a remote-first company with current team members in Victoria, BC and Oakland, CA. We believe in flexible working and encourage you to work where you feel most inspired, with a preference for work windows within 3 hours of Pacific Standard Time.
As well as a competitive salary you’ll receive all the equipment you need to do a great job, full medical/dental benefits, generous paid vacation (we’ll insist you take at least 4 weeks) and exercise reimbursements to stay fit.
We're backed by Tiny, a diverse family of companies that prides itself on crafting well-designed, wonderful internet experiences, including podcasting pioneers Castro, DoubleUp and Ride Home Media.
Get more details