Senior iOS Engineer, Podcast Monetization
A full time position at Spotify, New York NY, USA
Posted: Jul 27, 2020
Music for everyone, no credit card needed. It’s a promise our platform was built on. And here in the Free team, we’re still building on it. We work on a massive scale, bringing people from all kinds of disciplines and all parts of the business together to deliver an amazing freemium experience to more than 129 million users worldwide. Want to help shape the future of free? Here’s how.
Your focus will be on Podcast Monetization, building and shipping exceptional products that grow an engaged audience of podcast listeners. Podcasting is a critical frontier for Spotify, one that provides creators with a powerful means of sustaining their craft by facilitating conversations through the power of audio and video. Our goal is connecting the listeners to the content they love through our promotional touchpoints, while expanding our footprint in the digital audio marketplace, creating best-in-class tools, products and features. Come help us bring this vision to life!
What You’ll Do:
- Build cutting edge iOS apps that bring the joy of music and podcasts to millions of users.
- Collaborate closely with other engineers.
- Write clear, maintainable code that will scale across a number of projects and distributed development teams
- Become a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional team.
- Work from our awesome office – we offer relocation packages if you do not currently live there.
Who You Are:
- You know how to write readable, idiomatic and maintainable Objective-C and are willing to follow already defined coding guidelines and workflows
- Have previous experience working with Swift, or is willing to learn
- You are experienced with a variety of iOS frameworks.
- You have a deep understanding of Cocoa design patterns and API design.
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high quality code.
- You have released at least one app on the App Store or have a project in the works that you can tell us about.
- Values team success over personal success.
- You have at least 5 years of professional experience
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 286 million users.
Get more details
Please mention podjobs.net in your application.