Senior Data Scientist, Podcasts
A full time position at Spotify, New York NY, USA
Posted: Sep 3, 2020
Spotify’s goal is to become the world’s leading audio platform, and the Studios organization — including The Ringer, Gimlet, and Parcast — drives the strategy to build and acquire engaging podcast content in support of this mission. The Studios Analytics team partners with the Studios organization, developing strategic insights to drive decision-making and further Spotify’s global content creation and acquisition efforts, with a specific focus on analysis of user listening behavior, content valuation, business planning, and visualization.
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to help us generate insights for Spotify’s original podcast strategy. You will analyze how users are engaging with our content, define success measures, track performance, and make data-driven recommendations that enable the Studios organization to deliver content that delights our users. You will use sophisticated data science techniques on Spotify’s incredible amount of data to build meaningful insights to support the business.
A successful candidate should love content, be deeply curious, and be comfortable solving unstructured business problems by exploring large datasets. You should have a strong sense for data visualization and design, a keen understanding of which metrics matter and which don’t, and possess strong communication skills to interface between technical and content business teams.
What you’ll do:
- Conduct analysis of large datasets, extracting substantial insights from user listening data that will drive content decision-making.
- Assess the value of content to support Spotify’s creative development and content acquisition initiatives.
- Define performance and success metrics.
- Build dashboards and recurring reporting deliverables, empowering creative growth and business decisions.
- Develop and communicate recommendations to non-technical audiences determined by data.
- Develop a deep appreciation of the podcast content landscape and how users engage with podcasts.
Who you are:
- Deeply curious; interested in how people interact with content, and podcasts specifically. Though not required, previous experience in media, entertainment, or technology is a plus.
- 4+ years of proven experience in an analytics role, and a degree in a quantitative field (e.g. statistics, economics, computer science)
- Comfortable navigating large datasets (advanced SQL), and using programming languages for analytics (Python/R).
- Experience visualizing data and building dashboards. Tableau/d3 experience a plus.
- Natural communicator, who focuses just as much on the delivery and the “so what” of your insights, as you do on the technical craft of extracting them. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Deep understanding of statistics and experience working with real-world data, as well as a strong business sense.
- Excellent problem solving skills with a strong attention to detail.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 299 million users.
Get more details
Please mention podjobs.net in your application.