Podcast Producer/Editor SEA
A full time position at Spotify, Singapore
Posted: January 13, 2020
One voice understood in every language. That’s what the Markets team – in locations across the globe – delivers every day. We influence culture by being a part of culture, creating marketing communications that resonate with local users and their unique listening habits. Know how to make your audience listen? Help us grow our brand in your corner of the world.
Spotify is looking for a passionate Podcast Producer/Editor to join our Studios team in Southeast Asia based in Singapore and focused on Indonesia.
As Editor you will play an important role in defining and executing Spotify’s podcast programming strategy, mainly for this territory, but also supporting other priority markets. As Producer, you’ll guide our content license partners. You will also identify, ideate and create engaging original native audio content through storytelling, and manage the production process for Spotify original audio shows relevant to the Southeast Asian market. You will work in close collaboration with other members of the studios, programming, production, product, and marketing teams to drive podcast growth and discovery on, and off, platform.
What You’ll Do
- As Editor, you are responsible to curate collections and playlists of podcast content based around different uses and genres
- Build and handle a content calendar based around upcoming launches, editorial themes, and cultural moments
- Develop and execute creative, quantifiable programming campaigns to drive awareness and engagement
- Collect, analyze and report relevant performance metrics to a broader company audience and convert these metrics into compelling marketing stories
- Provide insights on what’s working and what’s not, and make content recommendations
- Play a key role as a tastemaker and apply a deep understanding of culture, current affairs and music
- Stay on top of the latest trends and developments in the audio on demand market both in your territory and worldwide
- As Producer, you will listen to productions of key licensed podcasts partners and give timely and relevant advice to help them achieve best in class quality
- Identify potential production partners in the marketplace and build ongoing network of partners to grow production supply base
- Craft clear briefs and communicate details to production partners
- Help in assessing proposals from production companies in terms of scope, capabilities, creatives and budgets
- Keep productions creatively and logistically on track
- Drive the necessary admin tasks associated with production commissions such as vendor on-boarding, plus seeing through from top to tail financial and legal due process
- Activate commissions while communicating clear expectations on technical, logistics and creative aspects of production
- Stay up to date with the best in technical and creative aspects of Podcast production and educate the market
Who You Are
- You have the ability to manage creative and editorial work while being adept in dealing with logistics and planning
- Deep understanding of creative communication and a solid sense of quality and commercial messaging
- Ability to drive your own work independently, leading multiple projects with many stakeholders
- Stellar skills in creating strategic plans and presenting your ideas in a compelling way to teammates and executives
- Excellent analytical skills and experience drawing insights from internal and external data
- A deep understanding of audience segments and targeting content and a real passion for the entertainment and culture space and a great eye for quality content and talent
- A strong command of the broader digital landscape and an interest in keeping up to date with developments in web and mobile platforms and applications
- A passion for podcasts and other audio content
- Understand production workflows both as a producer and in supervising commissions role
- A passionate pundit of music, podcasts, TV, film and pop culture
- Solid understanding of creative development and digital technologies
- Ability to influence and communicate cross-functionally as well as communicate and collaborate with all types of personalities. You are also able to juggle competing demands from multiple partners.
- Organized with a strong attention to detail and time management skills
- Strong understanding of how to develop and manage budgets, invoicing, vendor setup and expense reporting
- You possess a perfect level of written and spoken English & Indonesian and held a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 258 million users.
Get more details