Podcast Editor – Influencers and True Crime
A full time position at Spotify, New York NY, United States of America
Posted: December 2, 2019
Spotify is looking for a passionate and experienced Podcast Editor – True Crime & Influencers to join our Studios team. You will play an important role in defining and executing Spotify’s podcast programming and content strategy in the US. The main focus for this role is growth opportunities in podcast content and audiences. You will work in close collaboration with other members of the programming, production, marketing, and operations teams. You will be located in New York or Los Angeles and report into the Podcast Culture & Editorial Lead.
What You’ll Do
- Be the expert on the True Crime & Influencers industry and how it fits into the current and future podcast landscape, especially in regards to true crime, influencers who appeal to a female audience, sex & relationships, and wellness & spirituality
- Consume the media diet of the primary audience(s) of True crime & Influencer-related content, including what’s trending across TV shows, YouTube, social media accounts, email newsletters, etc.
- Merchandize podcast and video content with compelling copy and imagery
- Develop and execute creative, quantifiable programming campaigns to drive awareness and engagement
- Build and handle a content calendar based around upcoming launches, editorial themes, and cultural moments
- Collect, analyze, and report relevant performance metrics to a broader company audience and convert these metrics into compelling marketing stories
- Provide insights on what’s working and what’s not, and make content recommendations
Who You Are
- Experience of programming and optimizing for engagement on a digital platform
- Deep understanding of creative communication and a solid sense of quality and commercial messaging
- Ability to drive your own work independently, leading multiple projects with many stakeholders
- Stellar skills in creating strategic plans and present your ideas in a compelling way to teammates and executives
- Excellent analytical skills and experience drawing insights from internal and external data
- A deep understanding of audience segments and targeting content to meet the needs of various audiences
- Experience in working with different publishing tools and CMS
- A real passion for the entertainment and culture space and a great eye for quality content and talent
- A strong command of the broader digital landscape and an interest in keeping up to date with developments in web and mobile platforms and applications
- You are fluent in English and other language skills are highly meriting
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 230 million users.
Get more details