Podcast Content Analyst
A full time position at Spotify, New York NY, United States of America
Posted: November 24, 2019
We are looking for an exceptional Podcast Content Analyst to join the band and help build Spotify’s original and exclusive podcast business. Our mission is to re-imagine the creator and consumer experience to be the audio-first network for the world.
To help us achieve this, the Podcast Content Analyst will combine their technical skills and intuition for content to make data-driven recommendations that will help drive the company’s production and acquisition decisions. Above all, you will be at the nexus of data science, business, and content strategy at one of the most innovative companies in the world.
We are looking for a candidate who has a deep understanding of content, thinks probabilistically, and can navigate their way around large datasets. We are looking for a natural communicator who is able to explain complex data and insights to both business and creative audiences. Accompanying this broad set of responsibilities is exposure to many functional areas, as well as senior management across Spotify.
What you are:
- Create audience forecasts and build valuation models for original podcasts and licensed exclusives to inform the greenlight and deal negotiation process.
- Gather and interpret content performance data and financial data to influence renewal decisions.
- Estimate the expected impact of different deal terms and rights structures on content performance and platform value (e.g. forms of exclusivity, levels of promotional support, etc.).
- Provide data support to Podcast Content Strategists for season recaps and podcast category deep dives, and provide data support for show performance while still in season.
- Collaborate with Data Scientists on foundational research to advance our content valuation framework.
What you bring:
- 2+ years of relevant experience in management consulting, investment banking, or asset management and/or at a media/tech company in an analytical role.
- Knowledge of podcast landscape, prior experience in podcast industry, and/or prior experience in analyzing performance of content is a plus.
- Experience writing advanced SQL queries. Experience with R or Python is a plus.
- Comfort navigating complex and fluid organizational structures within a dynamic and global company. You will need to build and maintain cross-functional relationships spanning multiple teams and geographies.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 230 million users.
Get more details