Global Head of Podcast Business Affairs
A full time position at Spotify, Los Angeles CA, United States of America
Posted: October 24, 2019
The Spotify Content Licensing team is seeking a highly experienced professional to be based in its Los Angeles (preferred) or New York offices. This role will be the business affairs leader in charge of securing a global slate of original and exclusively licensed podcasts. The ideal candidate will have 20+ years experience working with the entertainment industry and a rich background in digital content. This is a leadership position that will play a central role in helping Spotify achieve its vision of becoming the world’s top audio network.
What you’ll do
- You will manage a multi-time zone, global team tasked with securing agreements with talent agencies and production companies to create a slate of hundreds of owned and exclusively licensed podcasts.
- You will serve as a primary negotiator for flagship deals and support your team on second tier deals.
- You will work directly with Spotify’s Chief Content Officer and the Content leadership team.
- Your work will significantly impact the podcast content strategy and Spotify’s efforts to grow audience and monetization.
- Working with internal legal, accounting and other teams, you will ensure that all programs are in alignment with Spotify’s fiduciary and operational best practices.
- You will gather data, analytics and insights from other internal groups to be applied to the development of new initiatives.
Get more details