Data Curator – Podcasts
A full time position at Spotify, Somerville MA, USA
Posted 27 weeks ago
The Personalization team makes deciding what to play next easier and more enjoyable for every listener. From Daily Mix to Discover Weekly, we’re behind some of Spotify’s most-loved features. We built them by understanding the world of music and podcasts better than anyone else. Join us and you’ll keep millions of users listening by making great recommendations to each and every one of them.
We are looking for an outstanding individual to join our Data Curation team. Our team is responsible for maintaining and curating ground-truth and enriched data that directly impacts the ways millions of people experience content through Spotify. We maintain and improve essential foundational data, and evaluate existing and future features to ensure quality recommendations for Spotify users. No coding or development experience is needed, and music knowledge is preferred, but special subject matter expertise in podcasts and podcast culture is fully required.
What you’ll do
- Work with a team whose focus is content quality and ground truth for recommendation systems and cultural datasets
- Generate, curate and improve podcast related data
- Utilize and expand your podcast knowledge as a deliverable service
- Take ownership and lead projects from inception to completion
- Report on progress and completion of curatorial review
- Work from our office in Boston
Who you are
- You are a podcast subject matter authority, with extensive knowledge of top podcasts and popular podcast genres
- You’re experienced with qualitative & quantitative analytics techniques
- You’re passionate and opinionated about podcasts
- You love large data sets
- You care about the improvement of podcast discovery and understanding
- You’re comfortable achieving individual goals, as well as reaching goals as part of a collaborative group
- You possess a sense of humor and optimistic disposition
- You enjoy obsessing over the details when it comes to podcasts
- You display a strong familiarity with online podcast services and social networks, including listener trends and the latest developments
Please submit a cover letter and resume in your application. In your cover letter, please make sure to include:
- Why this position as a Data Curator at Spotify is a logical next step in your professional career
- Your personal connection to podcasts and your favorite podcast genres
- In a few words, show us why you’re an authority in one of these favorite podcast genres
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to audio.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 230 million users.
This job has expired
We’re sorry, but this job post has now expired, and you cannot apply for it any longer.
Go to our front page to see current jobs.