Associate Director Podcast
A full time position at Spotify, London London, Great Britain
Posted: October 24, 2019
Spotify is seeking an exceptional candidate to join our licensing team in London. The Associate Director’s primary focus will be to lead the evaluation, structuring, and negotiation of podcast content licensing deals for EMEA, with the potential to participate in deal conversations in other markets. The Associate Director will work closely with creative, marketing, and advertising executives to manage a slate of podcast deals, and will help with ongoing strategy development, communication with key stakeholders, and the operationalization of new deals. The ideal candidate will have deep, proven expertise in the mechanics of dealmaking for the entertainment and/or digital content industries, as well as the communication skills necessary to provide external and internal dealmaking leadership. This role will report to the Head of Podcast Content Licensing, and will manage junior negotiators staffed in support of the EMEA market.
What you’ll do
- You will structure and negotiate content development, production, and acquisition deals with talent and studios, with a focus on original and exclusive podcast licensing.
- You will support licensing negotiations for global deals by analyzing performance of existing deals, potential of new deals and providing key data to build arguments around deal renewals
- You will collaborate with key members of the Spotify Studio team on content strategy, product and other experiences designed to evolve and grow Spotify’s podcast content offerings.
- You will work closely with internal teams including Finance, Insights, Legal, and Growth to help advise on deal structures & performance.
- You will collaborate with internal teams including, product, reporting and marketing to implement all deal terms
Get more details