A full time Producer position
Fully remote: working with a USA-based team at Sports Illustrated.
Maven (maven.io) is a best-in-class technology platform empowering premium publishers who impact, inform, educate and entertain. We operate the media businesses for Sports Illustrated and TheStreet, and power over 140 brands including History, Maxim, and Biography. Maven is publicly traded under the ticker symbol MVEN.
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter, and 3-5 recent audio samples including a clear explanation of your contribution and process on each.
Sports Illustrated is seeking a Podcast Producer for a flagship sports news podcast. The show will feature and highlight SI's high-impact sports reporting and will bring SI’s unique and iconic brand of storytelling to the audio format. This role will work closely with SI writers and editors, as well as the rest of the Audio team, to create episodes that elevate the sports conversation.
The Producer will be someone who can tackle every part of the creative and production process: from story selection to guest booking, to scripting narration, to remote/field/studio recording, to editing, to coordinating with other producers, editors, journalists, engineers, and so on. We are looking for somebody with organization, drive, and an eagerness to flex their creative muscles. The role reports to the Executive Producer of Audio and Podcasts.
- Work with host, journalists, editors, and others across the organization to generate story ideas
- Work with audio team on a deadline-driven schedule
- Cultivate an audio storytelling style that fits the Sports Illustrated brand
- Record interviews remotely, in-studio, or in the field when required
- Write clear and creative audio narration
- Edit and mix episodes in Adobe Audition, Pro Tools, or other similar software
- Work with engineer and/or composer on sound design and scoring
- Create marketing and promotional content to support the show
- 3-5 years working experience in audio, media, journalism, or a related field
- A demonstrated ability to construct meaningful stories
- Expertise using Adobe Audition, Pro Tools, or other similar software to create and edit audio
- A thorough and thoughtful approach to research
- A boundless curiosity around sports
- An avid listener of podcasts
- Samples that showcase high level creative and production work, and the ability to clearly explain your contribution and process
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- A stickler for quality
- Experience creating compelling audio stories on a regular schedule is a must
- Experience in news or sports is a plus
Snapshot of Benefits
- Medical, Dental and, Vision Coverage
- Retirement Savings Plan (401K)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Commuter Benefits
- Reimbursement for business cell phone use per company policy
- Employee Stock Option Plan (Publicly Traded Company - MVEN)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- 12 Paid Holidays
Maven is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive and innovative environment. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Get more details
Please mention podjobs.net in your application.
What does a Producer role normally entail?The Podcast Taxonomy definition for a role like this in Creative Direction says: “The Producer coordinates and executes the production of the podcast. Thier duties can include helping craft the creative direction of a project, budgeting, research, scheduling, and overseeing editing and final production.”
This exact role may have different requirements.