A full time position at Sounder.fm, New York NY, USA
Posted: Jan 16, 2020
Sounder.fm is hiring an experienced product leader to join our small but fast-growing team. Reporting directly to the Co-Founder & CEO, the VP, Product will develop & lead our product vision and strategy. You will collaborate closely with the founders, CTO, and tech team to define & execute Sounder.fm’s product and platform objectives, and lead the evolution of our product function as we grow.
Sounder.fm aims to make hosting, transcription, distribution, monetization, and measurement simpler for creators—and audio experiences better for everyone. Founded in 2019 by former Google and Spotify executives, Sounder aims to bring discoverability to the exploding market for audio content through its proprietary Pinpoint Audio Search technology, making it easy to find and share precise moments within millions of podcast episodes.
The ideal candidate is a strong operational leader who is customer-driven and has a strong bias for action and delivering results. We’re looking for a strategic, yet hands-on leader who is comfortable rolling up their sleeves to get the job done and is excited to help build this business from the ground up.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and communicate a clear and compelling product vision
- Create & own the product vision & roadmap in close partnership with our Serbia-based CTO and engineering team
- Understand and empathize with user pain points and motivations and leverage these insights to drive change
- Evangelize the product vision across the organization and act as a bridge between the business and technology teams
- Drive prioritization of large product initiatives to ensure development resources are focused on the highest value items on the product roadmap
- Manage the execution of the entire product development lifecycle from concept through launch and beyond
- Oversee the design of beautiful and simple user-facing flows and interfaces
- Experience building & driving the product vision, go-to-market strategy and design discussions
- Minimum of 2 years of Technical Product Management experience (i.e. creating strategic product roadmap(s) from conception to launch and working with cross-functional teams).
- Proven track record of building product development best practices and drawing clarity around product development tools and process
- Experience playing an active role in driving the strategic direction of a company (or a function if at a larger company)
- Experience building multiple product lines throughout their lifecycle, from ideation through release and iteration.
- Prior experience managing day-to-day technical and design direction.
- Knowledge of multiple functional areas such as Product Management, Engineering, UX/UI, Sales, Customer Support, Finance or Marketing.
- Ability to influence multiple stakeholders in a global environment
- Demonstrated understanding of platforms & marketplaces vs. product & features
- Experience working on a multi-cultural team and geographically dispersed team
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
To apply, please email Katie Moriarty with your resume -- email@example.com
or you can submit your resume here: https://jobs.lever.co/grayscalable/9a1f74d3-f3cd-4f6c-a6d8-26eb0115c9b4