A full time position at Sounder.fm, New York NY, USA
Posted: Jan 31, 2020
Sounder.fm is hiring a Community Manager to join our small but fast-growing team. Reporting directly to the Co-Founder & CEO, the Community Manager will lead the process of building and engaging the community of podcast creators, publishers, and platforms to drive growth of our business & brand. The Community Manager will partner closely with the founders and strategic partners in the audio, content & podcasting space to evangelize Sounder.fm, and develop a highly engaged user group on the platform.
Sounder.fm aims to make hosting, transcription, distribution, monetization, and measurement simpler for creators—and audio experiences better for everyone. Founded in 2019 by former Google and Spotify executives, Sounder aims to bring discoverability to the exploding market for audio content through its proprietary Pinpoint Audio Search technology, making it easy to find and share precise moments within millions of podcast episodes.
The ideal candidate is an entrepreneurial, self-starter who is creative, customer-driven and has a strong bias for delivering results. We’re looking for someone who brings podcasting experience and a passion for building strong, highly active & engaged communities. This is a unique opportunity to help build Sounder’s business & community from the ground up, and make a significant and long-lasting impact on the podcasting industry.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop, nurture and grow a highly engaged community of podcast creators, publishers and platforms
- Evangelize Sounder.fm through strategic partnerships, events, content, and social media channels to drive engagement and loyalty within the audio/podcasting community
- Initiate and develop strategic partnerships to grow Sounder’s audience with existing content platforms
- Build and run social media audiences on key social channels
- Onboard podcast creators, publishers and partners onto the platform and ensure a positive user experience
- Partner closely with founders to share industry insights and recommendations to drive further community engagement and platform growth
- Develop, implement and maintain Sounder’s digital strategy to promote user and community engagement
- Establish and deliver against tangible and measurable KPIs related to Sounder’s growth & engagement
- Bachelor’s degree
- Prior experience working in community management or social media at a start-up is preferred
- Self-starter with a proven ability to operate in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
- Podcasting experience required; ideal candidate must have a passion for podcasting and demonstrate a deep understanding of the industry
- Strong communication and copywriting skills, with demonstrated fluency in social communication
- Familiarity with Google Analytics or similar website analytics tools
If you're interested, please apply here: https://jobs.lever.co/grayscalable/98d131cf-b2be-47d6-b3f9-88a1bbf62ec1