Senior Audience Development Manager, Slate Podcasts
A full time position
Fully remote: working with a USA-based team at Slate.
Posted: January 11, 2021
About the Role Slate is hiring a Senior Audience Development Manager to help us grow our podcast audience. This person will manage our show and season launches and work to attract new listeners to our existing podcasts, including narrative shows, chat shows, and daily news podcasts. They’ll experiment with new tactics, execute and optimize proven strategies, and help us apply best practices across our network. They’ll also play an important role in making sure our current listeners stay engaged with our shows.
The person in this position will work closely with show producers, podcast leadership, and other staffers from across the company. A typical day might include meeting with the team behind the next season of Slow Burn about launch plans, writing promotional copy for a new episode of What Next, and briefing our podcast platform contacts about our priorities for the next quarter.
Slate has offices (not currently open during the pandemic) in New York and D.C., though remote candidates will be considered for this position.
- Develop and implement strategies for growing Slate’s podcasts
- Design outreach efforts that not only increase Slate’s core audience, but attract new kinds of listeners
- Develop and oversee launches of new shows and seasons, including building marketing plans and coordinating and tracking internal promotions on Slate shows
- Build and maintain relationships with external partners, including podcast platforms and other podcast networks. This will mean being active in the podcast community to create and leverage relationships to promote Slate shows, in the know about emerging platforms, and constantly thinking about creative and new promo channels.
- Work with audience engagement editors to implement best practices across all of our podcast promotion
- At least 2 years’ experience working in marketing or audience development for audio, with a track record of success at building podcast audiences
- The ability to write compelling marketing and promotional language across platforms and mediums. (Audio production skills are a plus, but not a requirement)
- A deep understanding of the podcast ecosystem and Slate’s place within it
- Proven ability to shift between strategic thinking and rapid execution
- Top-notch organizational and communication skills
- Smarts, kindness, humor, and generosity, all of which will help you work well with smart, kind, funny, generous colleagues
Slate is committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds and traditions. We encourage everyone to apply. If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will do what we can to meet your needs.
To apply please send your résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Senior Audience Development Manager in your subject line.
Please mention podjobs.net in your application.