Posted here: · Expires:
A part time Editor position
Fully remote: working with a USA-based team at Rise25.
Salary: up to $17 (hourly rate) - subject to experience
Job Details: Are you a podcast-lover who excels at writing and editing? Do you want to help change the world, one relationship at a time? Rise25 is looking for a Content Editor to edit podcast show notes for a wide range of B2B clients.
Job Description: As a member of our content team, your primary responsibility will be to review and edit podcast show notes for clients. You will ensure that each set of show notes is accurate, readable, has no grammar errors, and aligns with the client’s tone of voice/Rise25’s style guide. You will also have the opportunity to work on other exciting projects within the Rise25 content team.
- Editing podcast show notes on behalf of clients or our company.
- Editing and fact-checking articles for Rise25 (we have been published in Forbes, Inc.,
- Entrepreneur, Business Insider, and many other high-profile publications).
- Editing social media copy for Interactive Dynamic Audios to be published to our social media following of 100K+ or for clients.
- Editing email copy for content marketing purposes.
- Attending regular check-ins and meetings with the team.
This position is remote and self-paced. You can work from anywhere with a good Internet connection. Ideally, we are looking for someone who can devote at least 20 or more hours per week, but if you have fewer hours available at least initially, that is OK.
You must be good at self-direction and taking initiative. In addition, it is important to us that all of our team members are detail-oriented and meticulous; therefore, in the application form, when it asks for your “favorite vegetable?” Please put the word “eggplant.”
- Quick with communication via email and Slack
- Nice — we spend a lot of time working, so we want to be on a team with nice people
- The ability to write using American English spelling and grammar
- Detail-oriented with a good grasp of grammar and AP style
- Highly organized and can use documents in Google Drive
- Have reliable internet and are able to work independently
- Bonus points if you have been involved in some way with podcasting, radio, or other related media activity (but not required)
Our writing staff is overseen by former White House writer and speechwriter John Corcoran who has also previously written for Forbes, Entrepreneur, Huffington Post, Business Insider, and more. You have the opportunity to learn from and be mentored by John directly, while also working with interesting businesses that want to get more clients, referrals, and strategic partnerships using a podcast.
Who We Are: Rise25, LLC is a company on a mission to help businesses connect with their ideal prospects, referral partners, and strategic partners using a podcast.
Co-founders Dr. Jeremy Weisz, a chiropractor turned serial entrepreneur, and John Corcoran, a former White House writer and speechwriter, were early adopters of the podcasting medium and between them have over 22+ years of experience with podcasting. Today, Rise25 works with top-notch B2B businesses around the globe, including one of the nation’s largest ticket sellers, consulting firms, law firms, and more. Learn more at: www.Rise25.com/about
Why Rise25: The team at Rise25 prioritizes flexibility, so you can work where and when you want, as long as you get your job done. Although we have team members all across the globe, we strive to build a culture of one team working together toward a common goal.
Monthly Book and Masterclass Club meetings - One of our core values is to Keep Learning, so we pay for our entire team to join our Book and Masterclass Club, where we have monthly meetings to discuss one book or masterclass we have all read or watched together.
Monthly video team meetings - We meet as a team once a month to celebrate each member’s personal and professional successes and participate in team-building activities.
New team member mentoring sessions - Experienced team members meet one-on-one or in small groups with new team members to help them get onboarded, answer questions, and welcome them to the team.
Please only apply through this link: https://rise25.applytojob.com/apply/51ZgKJU7sa/Content-Editor
Get more details
Please mention podjobs.net in your application.
What does a Editor role normally entail?The Podcast Taxonomy definition for a role like this in Writing says: “The Editor reviews and prepares scripts for conveying information in a creative, accurate, and engaging manner.”
This exact role may have different requirements.