Senior Software Engineer
A full time position
Fully remote: working with a USA-based team at Resonate Recordings.
Posted: April 29, 2021
Resonate Recordings is more than a podcast production company; we are a collective of audio professionals and branding creatives who are motivated to make podcasting easy for our clients. We are trained and educated to use innovative technology to help create a quality podcast that represents our client’s unique creative expression so it will resonate with their listeners. Since 2014 we have been committed to building something bigger than a podcast production company. We’ve accomplished this by bringing together an amazing team of audio engineers, software engineers, and branding creatives, allowing our client’s instant access to the most talented and competent podcasting partner in this industry.
Summary:As a fast-growing company, we are looking to add a full-time Senior Software Engineer to our team who understands our vision and who is eager to grow with our team. The ideal candidate must exhibit a willingness to learn and adhere to our standards of quality as well as efficiency. This position reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer and will help manage the Resonate software team. Because it is our desire to be the best podcast production platform, we are looking to add team members who are passionate about superior customer experiences and who are hungry to help us achieve this goal.
- This is a full-time role with an anticipated workload of 40-50 hours weekly with a somewhat flexible schedule.
- This position will offer a base salary with an opportunity for benefits after a 90 day initial window.
- This position offers the ability to work remotely from anywhere in the U.S. with the occasional in-person meeting at our home office in Louisville, KY, including monthly travel to our office.
- 3+ years of professional software development experience required
- Driven, self-starter with a focused mentality; competitive; achiever mindset required
- Teachable and a willingness to learn from others required
- Thorough understanding of software development processes and software roadmaps required
- Attention to detail skills required
- Ability to communicate clearly required
- Love for podcasts preferred
- Laravel, Tailwind CSS, VueJS, Google Cloud Platform, Functions as a Service, Helm, Terraform experience preferred
- 1+ years of leadership or management experience preferred
- Work with the software team on all software projects at Resonate taking a team approach ensuring that code review is done to continue to ensure we are only shipping quality software at Resonate. This includes new products, maintenance, and ongoing support for our current projects.
- Maintain the highest level of personal work quality
- Help Resonate achieve overall goals through a comprehensive software approach
- Ensure quick response time and great communication with team
- Be “the voice” of Resonate software within the leadership team with regards to new software initiatives and future projects
- Work with CEO and leadership team to plan and execute software roadmap
- Work with CEO and leadership team to review and troubleshoot problem areas and give recommendations as-needed to ensure overall efficiency and that the software team is functioning in a healthy way
- Delegate and assign software work to development team members to ensure projects are completed with excellence and on-time
- Provide software team the necessary support required to succeed each week through 1:1’s and subsequent collaborations
- Oversee the architecture, design, and implementation of highly available, innovative, secure, and scalable podcasting software and tools for the Resonate brand.
- Test-driven development (TDD), high levels of code coverage and automation
- Peer code review using GitHub
Project Planning and Management
- Identify and schedule goals for 6-week software bets with the software and leadership team to ensure timely and productive delivery of Resonate software services.
- Prioritize and break down large projects into small, individual tasks and assign projects or responsibilities to members of the software team.
- Maintain periodic check-ins with the software team to troubleshoot issues and ensure projects are being completed on time.
Get more details
Please mention podjobs.net in your application.