A full time position at Podfront UK, London London, Great Britain
Posted: July 14, 2019
Podfront is a unique and exciting UK joint venture between two of the biggest global podcast companies - Wondery and Stitcher. We’re looking for a Sales Planner to join our dynamic team based in London. This is a unique opportunity to represent the highest quality storytelling and entertainment in the audio space including Freakonomics, Oprah’s Super Soul Conversations, WTF with Marc Maron, Business Wars, Dirty John, The Shrink Next Door and many others. We're on a mission to transform podcasting into a major part of the media landscape, and we're looking for like-minded enthusiasts to help.
This role is an integral part of our sales team and responsible for being the communication hub and problem solver for the sales team. In this role, you will pull inventory availabilities, input orders, troubleshoot order and billing errors, generate sales reports and much more. You must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and using creative thinking to find solutions to keep both advertisers and the sales team happy.
Your job will entail working closely with the growing sales team, focusing on the delivery of sales campaigns and providing sales support. You’ll be the friendly and efficient face of Podfront when dealing with podcasters and clients. This role is perfect for someone who is keen to develop their sales experience in an exciting, fast-growing industry.
Ideally you’ll have excellent multi-tasking skills, great attention to detail and be a clear, confident communicator both internally and externally. You will be assisting with a variety of sales-related duties including ensuring sales campaigns run smoothly, working closely with both clients and podcasters as a main point of contact, identifying opportunities and creating client-facing reports.
This is a great opportunity for a highly-motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment and loves podcasts to shine.
Role and responsibilities
- Supporting the Sales Team to efficiently deliver campaigns from set-up and delivery to post-campaign reporting.
- Creating strong relationships with podcasters to manage & monetise their inventory.
- Liaising with agencies and brands to deliver successful campaigns
- Managing and forecasting inventory.
- Responding to briefs and preparing sales presentations.
- Generating sales plans and pricing as suitable to customer budget and goals
- Coordinating with global sales and ad ops teams at Wondery and Midroll (part of the Stitcher group) to maximise inventory through the effective use of booking platforms
- Managing sales team pipeline, ensuring visibility of all potential bookings
- Account management including organising on-boarding calls, shipment schedules and creating live read script templates
- Internal reporting, updating ad & sponsorship inventory
- Ensure all relevant invoicing details are correct on bookings
- Handle the daily general clerical functions such as account management, calendar management/scheduling, answering phones, expense reporting, creating correspondence.
- 2+ years experience in a similar position building digital media plans (preferably managing multiple publishers)
- Attention to detail, thorough, accountable, excellent follow-through
- Strong grasp of Excel & Powerpoint, Keynote / Word
- Sales booking systems experience would be an advantage
- Great customer service skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to make decisions and react quickly to a fast-moving environment
- An interest in podcasting and audio would be advantageous.
- Commercially savvy
- Deadline driven
- Team player
- Passion for podcasting
- We’re innovative, creative and love immersive storytelling
- Located near Monument, join us in a trendy office with lots of events
- Fast growing team
- Excellent career progression opportunities
Please send your CV and covering letter by Monday 29th July to email@example.com