Head of Sales
A full time position at Podfront UK, London London, Great Britain
Posted: July 14, 2019
Podfront is a unique and exciting UK and European joint venture between two of the biggest global podcast companies - Stitcher and Wondery. We’re looking for an innovative Head of Sales to join our dynamic team based in London. This is a unique opportunity to represent the highest quality storytelling and entertainment in the audio space including Freakonomics, Oprah’s Super Soul Conversations, WTF with Marc Maron, Business Wars, Dirty John, The Shrink Next Door and many others. We're on a mission to transform podcasting into a major part of the media landscape, and we're looking for like-minded enthusiasts to help.
The Head of Sales at Podfront will be responsible for developing and executing a sales strategy to drive revenue opportunities for Wondery, Stitcher and additional third party podcast inventory with a primary focus on the UK. The role is ideal for someone who is performance driven, has experience in a fast moving media environment, shows entrepreneurial spirit with a track record of forming new and building sustaining relationships with agencies and clients. You will report directly into the MD of Podfront UK and become a leader in one of the fastest growing mediums globally.
What you'll do:
- Develop, implement and deliver a sales strategy to generate revenue across podcast inventory including sponsorships, host reads and programmatic sales.
- Build, mentor and manage a UK based sales team able to execute and deliver revenue targets
- Establish strategic partnerships and work closely with major agencies and brands to develop unique, lasting advertising opportunities in the podcast space
- Work closely with international sales teams to maximise revenue and ensure a consistency around our sales strategy.
- Manage the sales pipeline and revenue forecasting
- Establish sales processes internally and with Wondery and Stitcher teams
- Maintain reporting and forecasting as required by management
- Be an advocate for podcasting, confident speaker at events, forums and conferences
Qualifications NEED TO HAVE
- +5 years media sales experience working with agencies and direct to brand, preferably in broadcast media.
- Successful track record leading high performing sales teams and consistently exceeding targets
- Experience of managing and growing complex and large client accounts
- Ability to influence senior and C-level Executives
- Deep knowledge of the audio market & fabulous set of contacts
- Enthusiasm & fantastic organisation skills
- Strong management skills
- Drive & resilience
- Excel, Powerpoint / Keynote, Word
- Strong communication skills face to face, on phone & in writing
- Excellent social skills & be a strong team player
- Passion for podcasting
- Knowledge of programmatic advertising and / international media sales experience is an advantage
- Domestic and international travel may be required
- We’re innovative, creative and love immersive storytelling
- Located near Monument, join us in a trendy office with lots of events
- Fast growing team
- Excellent career progression opportunities
Please send your CV and covering letter by Monday 29 July to email@example.com