A full time position at Podfront UK, London London, Great Britain
Posted: July 14, 2019
Podfront is a unique and exciting UK joint venture between two of the biggest global podcast companies - Stitcher and Wondery. We’re looking for an Account Manager to join our dynamic sales team based in London. This is a unique opportunity to represent the highest quality storytelling and entertainment in the audio space including Freakonomics, Oprah’s Super Soul Conversations, WTF with Marc Maron, Business Wars, Dirty John, The Shrink Next Door and many others. We're on a mission to transform podcasting into a major part of the media landscape, and we're looking for like-minded enthusiasts to help.
This role is an integral part of our sales team and you’ll be responsible for being the communication hub and problem solver for the sales team while also growing your own sales experience. In this role, you will be identifying new business opportunities and growing your own clients over time. You will be assisting along the whole sales process from research and pitch to delivery and reporting. You’ll also assist the senior sales team members with leads, prepare sales collateral, pull inventory availabilities, input orders, troubleshoot during the campaign, generate sales reports and much more.
You must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and using creative thinking to find solutions that excite advertisers and enable the sales team to excel. This role is perfect for a lover of podcasts who is keen to evangelise the medium and accelerate their sales experience in an exciting, fast-growing industry.
Role and responsibilities
- Handle advertising sales for incoming client leads, at the Head of Sales’ discretion
- Identifying new business opportunities with potential brands and agencies.
- Work closely with key podcasters to create bespoke commercial opportunities for clients
- Manage sales pipeline working with planners, content, ad ops & finance to ensure smooth delivery of all campaigns
- Liaise with agencies, clients and ad ops to set up, deliver and report podcast campaigns
- Create professional and clear sales collateral for the Sales Team
- Take part in sales presentations
- Generate sales reports and ad schedules
- Attend sales training and planning meetings
- Research problems that develop with accounts and troubleshoot the issue developing a satisfactory conclusion for the podcaster and the customer needs
- Contact clients as needed regarding ad materials, pricing, billing etc.
- Provide exemplary customer assistance
- Other duties as assigned
- 2+ years experience in sales, preferably in a broadcast media and podcast/digital audio background
- Understanding of the whole sales process from pitch to post campaign reports
- Ability to generate reports and presentations
- Strong communication skills and the capability to effectively respond to questions from managers, colleagues and customers
- Commercially savvy
- Self motivated and tenacious
- Highly organised with an ability to prioritise and hit deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Strong grasp of Excel & Powerpoint, Keynote / Word
- Sales booking systems experience would be an advantage
- Great customer service skills
- Team player
- Passion for podcasting
- We’re innovative, creative and love immersive storytelling
- Located near Monument, join us in a trendy office with lots of events
- Fast growing team
- Excellent career progression opportunities
Please send your CV and covering letter by Friday 2nd August to firstname.lastname@example.org