FREELANCE LEAD PRODUCER - WEEKLY PODCAST EXPLAINER
Posted here: · Expires:
A project or contract Senior Producer position
Fully remote: working with a USA-based team at Paradiso Media .
Salary range: $90,000 to $100,000 (yearly rate) - subject to experience
Company Overview: Paradiso is a Webby Award-nominated international podcast studio focused on narrative multilingual audio storytelling with offices in Paris and Los Angeles. The company was founded in September 2019 by Lorenzo Benedetti, Louis Daboussy, and Benoît Dunaigre. To date, we have released 50+ original, commissioned, and branded podcasts in as many as 14 languages with partners including Spotify, Audible, Paramount, Stitcher, and Ubisoft including “Love Under Lockdown” (Stitcher), “A Gay in the Life” (Spotify Live) and “Seventeen.”
Job Description: Paradiso Media is looking for a freelance Lead Producer for a new podcast to be produced in partnership with a leading digital news organization and audio platform. 1-year contract of approximately 40 hours/week. Current estimated start date: beginning-mid July 2022. The producer will oversee the development and production of a new weekly show. Episodes are 15 minutes long and are in the style of zeitgeist-y short docs and explainers. Candidates must be audio-native producers with hands-on experience developing, pitching, producing, writing, and editing always-on podcasts or weekly/daily radio shows. This role will also help recruit and manage a team of journalists.
- Help define the show’s voice and hire freelance audio journalists and hosts.
- Work closely with our external partners, both on the content and on the platform side.
- Manage the editorial process of selecting the show’s topics every week and guide reporting, writing and production.
- Edit scripts for all episodes.
- Guide sound design and mix process for all episodes and edit audio if necessary.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a podcast or radio producer, including experience with daily or weekly shows, with 1-2 years managing journalists or creative teams
- Experience with script writing and editing
- Fluency in audio editing and sound design, preferably on Pro Tools
- News and culture junkie who enjoys going down rabbit holes on topics ranging from breaking news to tech to pop culture
- A track record of developing and launching a show is desirable
- Remote, but must be willing to work across multiple time zones (LA, New York, Paris) and travel occasionally
Salary range: $90,000 - $100,000
Paradiso Media is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics. All Paradiso Media employees and contractors must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Please send a resume, audio sample, and a few sentences about yourself and your interest in the position to: email@example.com with the subject line “Freelance Lead Producer."
Please mention podjobs.net in your application.
What does a Senior Producer role normally entail?The Podcast Taxonomy definition for a role like this in Creative Direction says: “The Senior Producer is the second most senior producer of the production (second to the Executive Producer). They supervise producers and the general direciton and logistics of the entire production.”
This exact role may have different requirements.