Podcast Executive Producer
A project or contract position at Nova Entertainment, Sydney NSW, Australia
Posted: Jun 18, 2020
6 month maximum term contract
NOVA Entertainment has an exciting opportunity for an innovative Executive Producer to join our team in Sydney. Reporting to the Head of Original Podcasting, you will be responsible for the development and creation of original podcast content in a growing team.
What You'll Do:
We’re looking for a production superstar; someone who can lead the development of assigned original podcasts across Nova Entertainment from ideation through to publishing and promotion.
The Podcast Executive Producer will be responsible for assembling production teams, developing strategic vision for an ambitious slate of shows and sticking to a budget. Strong storytelling skills are a must, as well as the ability to coordinate across departments. Knowledge and understanding of the podcasting environment and where it’s headed is important, as well as the ability to think creatively and ambitiously about building a huge audience for Nova Original pods.
You’ll manage hosts, shape stories, book guests, prep and outsource research, and work with a team to create award winning audio. You will work on several shows in various stages of production. You should be detail-oriented, deadline-driven, growth-minded, and comfortable working in both a team and independently. You’ll have an eye for finding a compelling angle for any given subject, and an ability to tell a story both conversationally and creatively.
Skills You'll Have:
- Minimum 4 years professional audio production experience
- Talent scout and outreach for existing podcast projects or new opportunities
- Act as a host on assigned podcasts (where appropriate)
- Delegate duties and show assignments for Producers and Editors
- Manage show budgets and communicating needs with talent and other departments
- Exceptional organizational skills, ability to prioritize work, and a track record of turning around audio on a tight deadline
- Ability to script and edit narrative, with an inclination to push boundaries and innovate
- Be comfortable managing talent and providing feedback
- Monetise podcast content (both ideation and delivery) by working closely with commercial teams
- Proficiency in audio mixing
- Proficiency with studio and field recording equipment and hardware
- Ability to work in Adobe Audition and Pro Tools
- Knowledge of sound recording and ability to troubleshoot in studio and field environments
- Ability to use social and podcast analytics to adapt, grow shows to maximise success
- Eagerness to take direction and grow in the position
Why Work at NOVA?
- Unlimited access to our Life+ Wellbeing program and Glue+Perks benefits program
- A fun and vibrant workplace culture with the genuine prospects of internal promotions, lateral moves and secondments
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, then what are you doing still reading this? Apply now! We can't wait to meet you!
Get more details
Please mention podjobs.net in your application.