Head of Podcasts & Digital Content
A full time position
Fully remote: working with a Australia-based team at Nova Entertainment.
Posted: Jul 28, 2020
Preference is for this role to be based in Sydney, but it can be worked remotely from any of Nova Entertainment's locations such as Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide or Perth. Sponsorship visas welcomed.
About Nova NOVA Entertainment is Australia’s fastest growing entertainment company with broad interests across the media industry including successful radio brands like Nova & Smooth. We have a mission to create Australia's leading digital audio destination for listeners and advertisers.
Your Challenge Reporting to the Chief Digital Officer and managing a team of digital contents strategist & creators, this role provides overarching leadership of NE’s digital content strategy, development and production.
What You'll Do
- Lead NE’s digital content strategy, development, production investment, partner/talent management and distribution for all brands and platforms including but limited to radio show content, news, and podcasting
- Mentor and lead a team of 20+ digital content creators, and work to improve the overall digital content ecosystem and increase users' consumption
- Set the strategy for podcasting across the business (catch up, originals, partnerships & licensed)
- Lead & maintain pipeline of new digital content (podcasting) series from ideation to execution;
- Determine, track and manage digital content budget; define success metrics, monitor pacing, investment scenarios and commercial opportunities
- Innovate new digital content formats, inform the product vision, and drive user engagement
- Work closely with commercial, programming and monetisation teams to increase and maximise audiences and revenue
- Develop strategies for digital content promotion across owned, earned and paid media
- Analyse and report on the state of the digital content ecosystem, including content development efforts, overall performance, feedback, sentiment and cross-functional reporting
- Disseminate and champion content analytics to drive product decisions (including but not limited to: windowing strategy, advertising load, content curation, content release, etc).
- 10+ years of relevant industry experience (podcasting is a bonus), preferably with digital content platforms and working with creators/talent
- 8+ years in leading and developing high performing teams
- A self-driven collaborative and creative thinker with leadership qualities, outstanding communication, networking and interpersonal skills
- Have an existing and solid network in the media and talent industry and equally strong reputation with major publishers, studios, producers and content companies
- Knowledgeable about trends in digital audio and passionate about content development of various genres
- Experience with data, measurement, and analysis in order to draw insights and derive strategies in a fast-paced environment
- Target-inspired: Focused on setting and exceeding personal, team, and organizational goals
Why Work at NOVA?
- An additional day of leave each year on your work anniversary and bonus week of leave at 3 and 6 years of service.
- Unlimited access to our Life+ Wellbeing program and Glue+Perks benefits program
- A fun and vibrant workplace culture with the genuine prospects of internal promotions, lateral moves and secondments
If this job sounds perfect for you, then what are you doing still reading this? Apply now!
Please mention podjobs.net in your application.