Commissioning Editor (Podcast)
A full time position at MediaCorp, Singapore
Posted: Oct 6, 2020
This role shall support the Assistant Lead for Partnerships & Business Development in formulating the overall podcast editorial direction and distribution strategy to grow a new content pillar for Mediacorp and engage new audiences. He/ She will oversee all original podcast productions to ensure they align with the podcast editorial direction and bolster offering of original podcasts by expanding output and also enriching caliber of content. He/ She will also explore new monetisation models for podcasts.
- Understand the podcast audience and landscape in Singapore to drive the editorial direction of Mediacorp’s podcasts and increase listenership
- Establish the podcast distribution framework across all 3rd party audio platforms
- Work closely with digital marketing to promote and build brand awareness for Mediacorp’s podcast inventory
- Lead podcast production teams and help adapt the workflow process to suit the needs of individual podcast shows
- Identify, develop and execute podcast editorial direction and distribution strategy for audience and commercial growth
- Lead and maintain a pipeline of concepts and formats from ideation to execution; ensure that the podcast aligns with the overall editorial direction
- The podcast industry is still in an infancy state, the person needs to be resilient, curious and creative to find opportunities in a fast changing environment, similar to a start-up environment
- Manage podcast production teams and help adapt the workflow process to suit the needs of individual podcast shows
- Work with respective radio stations to co-develop podcast content
- Develop campaigns with the digital marketing team to promote and build brand awareness for Mediacorp’s podcast inventory
- Collaborate closely with Commercial teams to oversee the development and delivery of both integrated and commercially driven concepts
- Degree in any related discipline with 6 to 8 years’ of working experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in programming/production and strategic planning in relevant audio industry
- Experience in leading teams and managing producers, with a priority on setting up structure and communicating a broader vision that allows the team to do their best work
- A keen interest in podcast content
- Established track record in developing and creating original audio content around a specific idea or brand
- Experience managing, guiding and working collaboratively with talent and partners
- An ambitious, positive and personable leader that’s a self starter and drives a high-energy, rapidly evolving environment.
- A willingness to get your hands dirty and dive into the detail when required.
- Proven skills in managing multiple projects and stakeholders with a solution-oriented mindset
- Strong communicator who is able to articulate with the ability to present ideas and direction to content providers
- Experience in relevant audio production tools
Get more details
Please mention podjobs.net in your application.