US Podcast Marketing Expert
Posted here: · Expires:
A project or contract position
Fully remote: working with a UK-based team at Mags Creative.
Mags Creative is hiring for an experienced, US podcast marketing expert with an understanding of the US audio landscape to raise awareness of one of our highest-reaching UK shows.
- Weekly self development podcast hosted by a high profile UK celebrity
- 30 - 40 minutes
- Interview format with high profile guests
- Rate: £150-200 per day dependent on experience
- Budgeted days: 10-12 days over a 3 month period
- Location: Remote.
- Start date: ASAP
This individual will be responsible for promoting the podcast in the US market. This will include securing partnerships, guest slots and cross-promotional slots with leading US podcasts, pitching to the editorial teams at US listening platforms (Apple, Spotify etc.) as well as pitching the podcast to US publications for coverage.
The show will be launching mid July and we are looking for someone to start ASAP - reporting directly to our Head of Marketing.
- You will have a strong understanding of the US audio market
- You have previous experience marketing podcasts
- You have at least 3 years experience in PR or marketing and can specifically demonstrate that you can manage and lead on all aspects of the pitching process, from initial outreach through to securing coverage
- You demonstrate strong organisational skills
- You are clear and direct, comfortable delivering and receiving straightforward feedback promptly and kindly
- You're a strong copy writer and feel comfortable with words - whether that’s press releases, well-crafted emails, episode descriptions and more
- You’re thorough and detail-oriented. You’ll need to get people’s names right in email, conduct clear and conclusive background research on partners and remember the little things
- You’re a strong team player, who is eager to learn and grasp new information quickly
- You’re a creative thinker, who loves to solve problems as well as bring new ideas to the table
- You’re able to take direction and produce results independently
- You have great verbal communication skills, and are comfortable communicating with various stakeholders
- You’re reliable, and punctual
- You’ll be comfortable using programmes such as Word, Excel, Google Slides & Sheets
About Mags Creative
Mags Creative produces podcasts, reaching millions of listeners monthly. We make shows such as Deliciously Ella, Castaway with Laura Whitmore and Who Cares Wins with Lily Cole.
We work with top-tier brands such as Google and Facebook to create meaningful branded podcasts that truly connect people.
We are signatories to the Sanctus Mental Health Pledge. This is a commitment taken by employers towards treating mental health in the same way as physical health within the workplace.
We are signatories to the Equality in Audio Pact. This is a 5 point commitment taken by employers working towards diversity of voices in the audio industry.
Please email a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention podjobs.net in your application.
See 4 jobs at Mags Creative