A full time position at Lost Debate, New York NY, USA
Posted: May 27, 2021
Salary range: $90,000 to $0 (yearly rate) - subject to experience
We live in an age of rampant misinformation and polarization. Problems compounded by media companies largely focused on clicks and eyeballs instead of depth and nuance. Companies too often obsessed with turning a profit, defending party orthodoxy, or simply avoiding controversy.
Lost Debate is a non-profit media company founded to break from that mold. Our mission is to be ethically contrarian. To find the ideas, stories, and people that are misunderstood, overlooked, or just plain threatening to those with privilege and power. Through originally produced podcasts, documentaries, short form videos, written commentary, and investigative journalism, we will build fresh narratives — not for the sake of being different but for the sake of seeing the unseen and speaking their unspoken truths. Truths that matter to the most vulnerable members of our society.
We’ll launch in the summer of 2021 with over $7 million in funding under the leadership of founder and CEO Ravi Gupta.
- Lead the creation of A+ narrative-style and interview-style podcasts.
- Own the production process from start to finish on assigned projects, producing an average of two weekly shows at a time plus other shows in development.
- Collaborate with editorial teams and (internal and external) hosts to develop divisions of responsibility, reporting plans, and scripts.
- Alignment with Lost Debate’s values and beliefs.
- A heterodox set of views, a thick skin for robust debate and disagreement, and a burning curiosity.
- A track record of excellence in audio journalism.
- Extremely organized and self-motivated; able to demonstrate their process for moving from idea to outline to final show.
- Skilled at delivering precise and actionable feedback on an ongoing basis.
- The ability to spot and produce excellent writing.
- The ability to show high attention to detail and meet deadlines under tight time pressure.
- 2+ years of experience in audio journalism.
This position is based in New York, NY, and offers a starting salary of $90K + benefits.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mention podjobs.net in your application.