A full time position at Lost Debate, New York NY, USA
Posted: May 27, 2021
Salary range: $65,000 to $0 (yearly rate) - subject to experience
We live in an age of rampant misinformation and polarization. Problems compounded by media companies largely focused on clicks and eyeballs instead of depth and nuance. Companies too often obsessed with turning a profit, defending party orthodoxy, or simply avoiding controversy.
Lost Debate is a non-profit media company founded to break from that mold. Our mission is to be ethically contrarian. To find the ideas, stories, and people that are misunderstood, overlooked, or just plain threatening to those with privilege and power. Through originally produced podcasts, documentaries, short form videos, written commentary, and investigative journalism, we will build fresh narratives — not for the sake of being different but for the sake of seeing the unseen and speaking their unspoken truths. Truths that matter to the most vulnerable members of our society.
We’ll launch in the summer of 2021 with over $7 million in funding under the leadership of founder and CEO Ravi Gupta.
- Act as a Swiss Army Knife by helping with a diverse array of projects in our founding phase.
- Provide administrative support for the employee hiring and onboarding process, including scheduling interviews, managing databases, and taking notes.
- Provide fact-checking and copyediting assistance until our full research and editorial teams are in place.
- Assist in the setup and administration of our eventual in-person office in NYC.
- Alignment with Lost Debate’s values and beliefs.
- A heterodox set of views, a thick skin for robust debate and disagreement, and a burning curiosity.
- A dork who loves checklists and spreadsheets.
- A utility player who is comfortable managing multiple projects with competing priorities.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
This position is based in New York, NY, and offers a starting salary of $65K + benefits.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Please mention podjobs.net in your application.