Writer/Producer: Operation Sh*t Show
A full time position
Fully remote: working with a USA-based team at Kast Media.
About Kast Media: Kast is a premium multi-channel podcast network of 40+ shows reaching over 12.5 million unique monthly listeners and viewers. Kast Media is one of the largest podcast networks, consistently ranking in the top 15 publishers each month as measured by third-party services, such as Podtrac. Some of our shows include The Sarah Silverman Podcast, The Viall Files, And That's Why We Drink, and I Don't Know About That with Jim Jefferies, and The Opportunist, among others.
About This Role: Kast Media is looking for a Writer/Producer who will work on Kast’s narrative history podcast, Operation Sht Show. This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing and ambitious podcast company that’s leading the charge in multi-channel podcast listening and viewing. This position will ultimately work out of our Los Angeles based studio. We are looking for a podcast enthusiast who is passionate about writing for audio and is excited by all the possibilities the medium has to offer.
How Will You Spend Your Time?
- Serve as a writer/producer for Operation Sht Show; a narrative history about the Iranian hostage crisis
- Work in collaboration with senior producer to research, write, and edit scripts
- Produce episodes of Operation Sht Show in collaboration with the senior producer and showrunners
- Research and identify archive interviews, videos, and supplemental materials
- Interview journalists, historians, and other experts
- Report to the senior producer weekly
- Participate and sometimes lead group feedback sessions and table reads
You Should Have:
- 3-5 years of experience writing and producing on a narrative podcast or relevant historical narrative experience
- An ability to write specifically for audio and an understanding of how this is different from other mediums (print, screenwriting)
- A firm grasp on story structure
- A passion for innovative storytelling
- A degree in journalism or history; MA and/or focus on Middle East History preferred
- An ability to write to a specific voice
- Passion for the podcasting industry
- Excellent research skills
- A proactive, problem-solving nature
- Excellent time management skills, ability to set and meet deadlines
- Strong copywriting capabilities for creating loglines, episode descriptions, social media assets, and marketing materials
- A professional attitude, strong communication skills and detail-oriented instincts
- An ability to collaborate well, with a good attitude. We leave our egos at the door and work together to build something great!
- Shown ability to give and receive feedback
- Experience producing podcasts from soup to nuts (not required, but a bonus)
Our Dream Candidate Has:
- Knowledge of Google Workspace and File Stream
- Knowledge of Apple, and other podcast distribution platforms, and an understanding of how to operate inside of this ecosystem
- Strong understanding of journalism, news, and true crime
- Experience writing/producing a docuseries or long form narrative non-fiction piece for podcast or television
- A “roll-up-your-sleeves” attitude and desire to join a growing start-up
This a full-time salaried position, commensurate to experience. Benefits include quarterly bonuses, health benefits, 401(k) plan, generous PTO, parental and family leave, along with office snacks and coffee (to be enjoyed in a post-pandemic environment, of course).
Kast Media is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
- Live, breathe, and sleep podcasts
- Aren’t afraid to raise their hand first and go the extra mile
- Waste no time and have a bias for action
- Love to win, but love being on a winning team even more
- Constantly want to learn and evolve
- Are solution-oriented, but know when to ask for help
- Have a good sense of humor, and aren’t afraid to show it off
- And most importantly, are good people
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include “OSS” in the subject heading.
Please mention podjobs.net in your application.
See 4 jobs at Kast Media