Writer: American Venom (contract)
A project or contract position
Fully remote: working with a USA-based team at Kast Media.
About Kast Media: Kast is a premium multi-channel podcast network of 40+ shows reaching over 13 million unique monthly listeners and viewers. Kast Media is one of the largest podcast networks, consistently ranking in the top 15 publishers each month as measured by third-party services, such as Podtrac. Some of our shows include The Opportunist, The Sarah Silverman Podcast, The Viall Files, The King and the Sting, and Chatty Broads, among others.
About This Role: Kast Media is looking for a Writer with expertise in history and/or journalism to work on our newest podcast that examines the darker elements of American history through a critical lens. You’ll be working closely with both show creators and hosts as well as producers to research, outline, and ultimately script a polished final draft for recording.
How Will You Spend Your Time?
- Work in collaboration with the lead writer to revise and edit scripts
- Produce episodes in collaboration with the lead producer
- Work closely with the researcher to gather all the necessary information for a story
- Interview characters in the story being produced
- Pitch story ideas
- Report to the lead producer weekly
- Participate and sometimes lead group feedback sessions and table reads
You Should Have:
- 3-5 years of experience writing and producing on a narrative podcast or relevant writing experience
- A passion for the podcasting industry
- An ability to write specifically for audio and an understanding of how this is different from other mediums
- Thorough understanding of the nuances of American History
- An understanding of audio production software, specifically Adobe Audition
- A passion for innovative storytelling
- An ability to write to the host’s voice
- A proactive, problem-solving nature
- Excellent research skills
- Excellent time management skills to both set and meet strict deadlines
- Strong copywriting capabilities for creating loglines, episode descriptions, social media assets, and marketing materials
- Strong communication skills and detail-oriented instincts
- An ability to collaborate well with a good attitude. We leave our egos at the door and work together to build something great!
- Shown ability to give and receive feedback
Our Dream Candidate Has:
- Strong understanding of journalism, American history, and true crime
- Experience writing/producing a docuseries or long-form narrative non-fiction piece for podcast or television
- Knowledge of Google Workspace and File Stream
- Knowledge of Apple and other podcast distribution platforms
- A “roll-up-your-sleeves” attitude and desire to join a growing start-up
Kast Media is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. *
- Live, breathe, and sleep podcasts
- Are not afraid to raise their hand first and go the extra mile
- Waste no time and have a bias for action
- Love to win, but love being on a winning team even more
- Constantly want to learn and evolve
- Are solution-oriented, but know when to ask for help
- Have a good sense of humor, and aren’t afraid to show it off
- And most importantly, are good people
To apply, send your resume to email@example.com, and include “Writer: American Venom” in the subject heading. In addition, please attach writing samples of your relevant work.
Please mention podjobs.net in your application.
See 4 jobs at Kast Media