A full time position at Kast Media, Los Angeles CA, USA
About Kast Media: Kast is a premium multi-channel podcast network of 40+ shows reaching over 13 million unique monthly listeners and viewers. Kast Media is one of the largest podcast networks, consistently ranking in the top 15 publishers each month as measured by third-party services, such as Podtrac. Some of our shows include The Opportunist, The Sarah Silverman Podcast, The Viall Files, The King and the Sting, and Chatty Broads, among others.
About This Role: Kast Media is seeking an experienced podcast producer to run a high profile show with over 15 million downloads predominantly focus on The Bachelor. As the lead producer on the team, you will be working closely and in-studio with the show's host, co-producers, and full production team to deliver 3 premiere quality episodes a week. In working with the team you will flesh out creative ideas, outline run-of-shows, manage tech logistics, book talent, work intimately with the engineers to produce both audio and video content, and ultimately help grow the show.
How Will You Spend Your Time?
- Produce all elements of premiere quality content from conception to launch
- Work closely with hosts to strategize and flesh out ideas to create dynamic and engaging content
- Serve as the key communicator between Kast and talent to provide resources and complete episodes within company protocol, best practices, and standards
- Project manage multiple episodes at once as well as be able to plan ahead to account for changes in the talent’s schedule
- Provide editors with detailed notes on episode drafts for quick and easy turnarounds, as well as use subjective discernment around sensitive topics and maintaining the culture of the show
- Book and coordinate interviews with guests - both in-studio and virtually
You Should Have:
- Previously worked on high profile podcasts with intense and tight deadlines
- An extensive rolodex of contacts, preferably in the current pop culture zeitgeist and the Bachelor universe
- Be local to the Los Angeles/Hollywood area
- An incredibly proactive, problem-solving nature
- Excellent time management skills
- An ability to collaborate well with a good attitude. We leave our egos at the door and work together to build something great!
- Shown ability to give and receive feedback
- Experience using Microsoft Suite and Google Suite products
Our Dream Candidate Has:
- Thorough experience and understanding of podcast production
- Impeccable intuition in problem-solving for the show and host needs
- Knowledge of Apple and other podcast distribution platforms
- A “roll-up-your-sleeves” attitude and desire to join a growing start-up
- Experience with Adobe Audition
This is a full-time salaried position, commensurate to experience. Benefits include quarterly bonuses, health benefits, 401(k) plan, generous PTO, parental and family leave, along with office snacks and coffee (to be enjoyed in a post-pandemic environment, of course).
Kast Media is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
- Live, breathe, and sleep podcasts
- Are not afraid to raise their hand first and go the extra mile
- Waste no time and have a bias for action
- Love to win, but love being on a winning team even more
- Constantly want to learn and evolve
- Are solution-oriented, but know when to ask for help
- Have a good sense of humor, and aren’t afraid to show it off
- And most importantly, are good people
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include “Lead Producer” in the subject heading.
Please mention podjobs.net in your application.
See 4 jobs at Kast Media