A project or contract position
Fully remote: working with a Canada-based team at JAR Audio.
Posted: June 4, 2021
WE'RE HIRING: AUDIO EDITORS (CONTRACT) Vancouver, BC (working remotely)
JAR Audio is looking for a seasoned audio recordist and editor to help us create and publish original podcasts for brands.
WHO WE ARE We’re JAR Audio and we create audio with brands that listeners love, connect with and share. We produce original podcasts for brands to elevate dialogue and drive results. Some of our recent clients include Expedia, Lululemon, YVR and Royal Bank Canada.
We take an audience-first approach. We believe that podcasts are a perfect medium for a brand to engage with a new or current audience. We collaborate with our clients to uncover who their podcast audience is, what they care about and how your podcast can deliver value. We root our podcasts in this strategy in order to deliver value.
WHO YOU ARE JAR Audio is looking for a trained sound recordist and editor to work closely with our creative director and show producer. We need someone trained and experienced in audio recording and editing, with the ability to maintain high audio standards, and the skill set to add sonic value to our work. Help us create entertaining, dramatically compelling and emotional stories through the power of audio!
- Manage JAR Audio’s recording needs (remote, studio, and on-site) on a project by project basis, ensuring that each project maintains the highest possible safety and professional standards.
- Provide technical support and consultation to guests, hosts, and producers in advance of, during, and after recording sessions.
- Edit rough cuts, fine cuts, and final cuts, incorporating your own sound design ideas with client and producer input.
- Mix and master episodes according to project schedules.
- Assist with uploading and publishing procedures on a per episode basis.
- Liaise with our (remote) production teams via Slack, email, and Basecamp.
- Assist the Marketing team by recording and editing promos.
- Record voice over talent and hosts.
- Help build and maintain a sound effect library.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Experience as a sound recordist and editor. (remote, studio, and on-site recording).
- Experience with scheduling, podcast publishing, dynamically inserted audio a “plus”.
- You’re an independent worker who’s eager to learn, be part of a team, and produce great content.
- Musical experience is an asset.
Think you would like to work with JAR? Our editors have helped make JAR Audio great, and we are happy to get to know you and your work.
Please send us some audio samples and tell us about yourself by visiting our site.
Get more details
Please mention podjobs.net in your application.