Associate Podcast Producer
A full time position at Gizmodo Media Group, New York NY, USA
Posted 27 weeks ago
G/O Media is looking to recruit an Associate Producer for its suite of podcasts. This hands-on role involves taking weekly podcasts from the conception of each episode to publication of the finished audio files.
The successful candidate will work primarily on The Upgrade from our how-to site, LifeHacker, and possible new podcasts, collaborating closely with the editors and writers of the relevant sites. We are looking for someone who has the technical skills to produce pristine audio but also appreciates how the distinctive voices and approach to journalism of our sites can be expressed in the arc of weekly podcasting.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Handle all aspects of audio production: scheduling, recording, editing, assembling, mixing, and publication of episodes
- Collaborate with the presenters of each podcast to create compelling and relevant episodes
- Manage the production schedule of each episode
- Find and book guests as necessary
- Record interviews in the field and at events when required.
- Ensure each episode meets the highest production standards and act as final QA
- Support efforts to promote the podcasts and to increase audiences
- Liaise with distribution partners over weekly operational matters
- Manage the operation of the podcast studio.
- At least three years experience of audio recording and editing
- A keen ear for the editorial voice of each site and its podcast
- A strong editorial sensibility for creating compelling audio content
- Ability to write and edit scripts
- Fluency in audio capture and editing software
- Recording experience in both the studio and in the field
- Ability to actively drive the production process
- Strong organizational, prioritization and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrable ability to juggle between the demands of each podcast while meeting deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to work with the time-pressed writers and editors who present the podcasts
- Comfort with working in a collaborative but fast-paced and demanding digital publishing environment
- Enthusiasm for the medium and a sense of humor
This job has expired
We’re sorry, but this job post has now expired, and you cannot apply for it any longer.
Go to our front page to see current jobs.