Producer, Every Little Thing
A full time position at Gimlet Media, Brooklyn NY, United States of America
Posted: May 1, 2019
We’re looking for an experienced producer to join the team at Every Little Thing.
Do you get excited about exploring the tiny but important things in life? Are you the kind of person who would enjoy calling 75 TSA facilities in search of a missing snow globe? Would you relish talking to every gila monster researcher on the continent to find out more about a hockey team mascot? If this sounds like you, maybe you should join us.
In this role you’ll be involved at every stage in making ELT stories come to life -- from selecting listener questions, to booking guests, writing scripts and creating assemblies. The ideal candidate has a journalism background, experience identifying and booking the best guests, and an ear for a good story.
What You’ll Do:
- Pitch stories
- Brainstorm new segment and episode ideas
- Find, pre-interview, and book guests
- Arrange for studio recordings and tape syncs
- Write scripts
- Cut tape, assemble mixes and score episodes
- Help grow and maintain the show’s social media presence
- Help out with basic show tasks, including posting the episodes to our CMS
- Opportunity for on-air reporting
Get more details