Lead Producer (Contract to Hire)
A full time position
Fully remote: working with a USA-based team at Gilded Audio.
Posted: Oct 8, 2020
WHO WE ARE Gilded Audio is a creative audio studio based in New York. We work collaboratively with partners and clients to bring digital audio projects to life. We’re a good-natured, trustworthy team that enjoys creative, technical and journalistic processes. We provide soup-to-nuts production services for brand clients, develop and produce audio for creative clients, throw ourselves into narrative projects, and... when there’s time... release originals.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR We are looking for a Lead Producer to work on an upcoming branded podcast. This role comprises creative, technical, and project management skills. You will be the engine pushing this project ahead day-to-day and ushering it across the finish line. This contract-to-hire opportunity is designed to give you flexibility and confidence, and allows both parties the ability to get to know one another. As a full-time Lead Producer, you would work on a wide range of projects – branded and (way) beyond!
WHO YOU ARE You are independent, a great communicator and a team player. We are a small team, and it’s important that everyone takes initiative – we view no task as too big or too small. You’re good at taking and giving feedback. You’re eager to throw ideas into the ring and care about participating in a fun, enjoyable workplace. If you love every step of audio production, take pride in doing high quality work, and generally feel like you maintain chillness throughout the ups and downs of production… read on!
- Participate in development conversations
- Take the final creative treatment for the show and execute it:
- Identify, pre-interview and book guests
- Craft interview outlines and work with the host and client to prepare for interview recordings
- Draft scripts
- Run interview recordings and tracking sessions
- Cut together episodes in Pro Tools, including music
- Suggest and make edits according to client feedback
- Work with the team to build the production timeline and make any necessary adjustments along the way
- Own the day-to-day responsibility for moving the production forward and ensuring we hit deadlines
- Serve as the main point of contact to the client: lead status meetings, send deliverables, communicate questions, needs, and progress
- Provide rationale for your creative decisions
- See all assets (episodes, trailer, promos) through to publish
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- You have substantial experience with Pro Tools – cutting tape, assembling audio to scripts, polishing cuts, and maintaining organized sessions
- You’re solid at simple scoring and working with light-touch sfx
- You’re great at booking and communicating/setting expectations with guests
- You’re great at coaching and collaborating with hosts to get what we need from interviews and trackings session
- You’re very comfortable working with clients
- You’re great at juggling, prioritizing, asking for help when you need it, and hitting deadlines
- You’re extremely organized and conscientious
- You’re a good question-asker – to clients, coworkers and interviewees alike.
HIRING DETAILS This is a contract position paid on a day-rate. The project begins in late October and we hope to hire full-time for this position in early 2021.
Full-time Gilded employees receive health benefits, have an open vacation policy, a WFH stipend, and get to work with nice people every day.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org an include the following:
Tell us about yourself and why you're interested in the position Links to work samples or your portfolio Your resume Two professional references
START DATE November 1st, 2020
Please mention podjobs.net in your application.