Production & Development Associate - Podcasting
A full time position at FilmNation Entertainment, New York NY, USA
FilmNation Entertainment - Production & Development Associate – Podcast Department
FilmNation Entertainment is seeking a Production & Development Associate to join an ambitious and growing audio division at the leading independent film, tv, audio, and theater company behind projects like Arrival, The Big Sick, Promising Young Woman, I Know This Much Is True, Murder on the Towpath, and many more.
The role will report to the VP and head of Podcasting and be part of a dynamic and creative company working across narrative nonfiction and fiction podcasts. We are looking for someone who is eager to source new ideas and collaborators, work closely with talent and other team members, and tell audio stories that can break out in a crowded marketplace.
This role is based out of New York City, but select candidates in Los Angeles may be considered.
- Assist with growing podcast slate by vetting pitches and submissions, tracking writers/producers/journalists and other talent, and staying abreast of current trends, news, pop culture, and ideas as they relate to in-house originals slate
- Work with VP to develop and package a growing slate by conducting research and pre-interviews, sourcing and clearing archival audio, writing trailers or sizzle reels as well as pilot/series outlines, and putting together sample audio / sizzle reels.
- Assist on active productions by cutting tape or taking on production-related duties as necessary. In partnership with the VP, work to crew up on productions and collaboratively oversee freelancers on weekly tasks and deadlines
- Coach talent on delivery and voice development, including sitting in on tracking sessions in studio or via Zoom
- Manage end-to-end advertising process in partnership with any sales partners, which may include vetting ad copy or rewriting into host’s voice, sending to hosts for review, overseeing reads, and cross-checking ads in live episodes
- Collaborate with other departments (Production, TV, Marketing & Publicity) at a leading entertainment company to create additional value across multi-format projects, including companion podcasts, film and TV adaptations, or talent collaborations
- Weigh in as part of audio team on marketing and audience development for each show, including working to determine target comp shows for cross-promotion, guest interviews, and out-of-the-box ways to grow listenership and the FilmNation Audio brand
- 2-4 years of experience in the audio space in either production or development, including in a role at a radio station or major podcast network
- A track record of meeting deadlines and managing multiple projects under tight time constraints
- Strong understanding of narrative structure in podcasting and a passion for high-quality storytelling with vivid characters and voice-driven scripts
- Familiarity with the independent podcast space, as well as a network of independent producers, writers, engineers, and other staff
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a small team, as well as with outside talent and stakeholders
- Comfort with a major audio editing software and ability to edit, score, and mix podcasts. (Strong candidates without scoring/mixing expertise will still be considered too, but editing is a must).
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to take notes well
- A deep love of podcasts, film, TV, theater, and the entertainment space
FilmNation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. FilmNation expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Improper interference with the ability of FilmNation's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge. Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment. More detailed information about the company and our list of titles is available at www.filmnation.com.
If you believe your qualifications match this job description, please send a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com with the subject line “Podcast Associate.”
Please mention podjobs.net in your application.