Podcast Distribution & Marketing Manager
A full time position at Discovery Inc, Chicago IL, USA
Posted: Nov 15, 2020
This can be located in any Discovery Inc office in the US
Discovery hires the very best and brightest talent who are enthusiastic and passionate to fulfill the company’s mission of empowering people to explore their world and satisfy their curiosity.
In exchange for their talent and drive, employees are provided with an engaging, diverse workplace and the resources they need to learn, thrive and grow in their careers.
As Podcast Distribution & Marketing Manager, you will play a crucial role in the newly established podcast department. The right person for this role must have a background in podcast distribution and marketing, and is nimble, adaptable, and proactive.
- Own and maintain day-to-day operations of each show’s RSS feed to ensure all content (both editorial and ads) are uploaded to the hosting platform on-time and error-free
- Manage relationships with ad sales vendors and podcast hosts to ensure timely delivery of ad campaigns and other promotions
- Establish and maintain editorial partnerships with distributors (e.g. Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, Google) to help promote our show catalog
- Identify and execute on podcast-to-podcast marketing opportunities such as cross-promotions and feed drops, as well as coordinate with marketing/PR to drive off-platform opportunities
- Collaborate with key stakeholders on programming strategy to optimize schedule to drive audience growth and revenue
- Track and report relevant metrics on a consistent basis
- Partner with critical internal teams including production, finance, marketing/PR, business affairs & legal, etc. throughout all stages of the process to ensure smooth execution
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or an equivalent combination of skills, training and hands-on experience
- 4-6+ years podcast distribution and/or marketing experience, with a thorough understanding of how the podcast ecosystem works
- Understanding of and passion for podcasts from a technical, analytical, and strategic point of view, as well as subjective point of view
- Demonstrated good judgement, strong critical thinking skills, and developed taste for a broad variety of podcasts
- Proven ability to work proactively, independently, and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; must be articulate and professional in both written and verbal forms
- Comfortable in ambiguity and effective operating in a matrixed organization
- Ability to thrive in an evolving and fast-paced environment, prioritizing and handling multiple projects concurrently
- Collaborative, curious, resourceful
- TV or SVOD experience a plus
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Get more details
Please mention podjobs.net in your application.