Podcast Editorial Manager
A full time position at Deezer, Dubai , France
Posted: December 16, 2019
Company Description We are music and tech fans hailing from all over the globe, working to make Deezer the most personal music streaming service. From data scientists to tech experts, artists & labels specialists to marketers, and even in-house music editors, our team is spreading the love for music to over 180 countries. Supporting local and international artists and bringing them closer to their fans is our mission - we believe music is about diversity, multiculturalism and togetherness.
Ready to join the team? We're all ears.
Job Description What you will do?
Your role will be to create the best editorial offer for Deezer via original production & acquisitions.
- Work within Deezer’s editorial guidelines to create and execute the editorial strategy for the local market.
- Work with podcast partners to acquire a wide variety of high quality content aimed at the local audience.
- Work with local producers to source Original podcasts formats fitting Deezer’s positioning
- Program podcasts across the Deezer product ensuring it is perfectly localised to your audience.
- Analyse data and performance indicators of your own work.
- Work collaboratively with the Social Media, PR and Marketing team to drive success in local and global campaigns.
- Work with the global teams including Brand, Acquisition, Recommendation, Product Features and Search to improve the overall content experience for your audience.
Qualifications What we are looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in the podcast industry.
- Experience in programing podcasts for a streaming platform, radio, or other media will be highly valued.
- You possess a deep knowledge of the local podcasts and culture, and its evolution within your market.
- You have strong relationships within the local podcast industry.
- You are fluent in English and possess a native level of the local language. Both Arabic and English Languages are a must for this job. French is a plus.
- You’re familiar with the music streaming landscape in your market and can identify growth opportunities.
- You can tell and identify stories that demonstrate Deezer’s unique Originals strategy
- Must have excellent attention to detail and organisation, a strong team spirit and be self motivated.
Additional Information Life @ Deezer HQ
Start-up environment with an at home vibe and outdoor space Kitchen stocked with free drinks and snacks daily Friday drinks & seasonal parties Gym access, plus yoga, pilates and boxing classes English and French language courses Hackathons & meetups
We are an equal opportunity employer
Get more details