A project or contract position
Fully remote: working with a USA-based team at Cultural Algorithms.
Posted: April 4, 2021
Cultural Algorithms is a new media venture dedicated to telling the stories of unknown and unsung African-Americans in the world of tech. We are working on our first project, a podcast series, and are looking for a part-time development producer to be a key member of our team and help us build a proof of concept and pilot.
As a development producer, you're familiar with fleshing out a concept for a show, helping to build its structure in terms of production, and ensuring things are kept on schedule. You know about the ins and outs and behind-the-scenes with producing media, including working with a team of professionals and seeing the vision of a project from start to finish and delivering results.
As a development producer, you will:
- Research, identify, pre-interview, and book potential guests
- Record interviews, coordinate tape syncs (when necessary), and provide coaching and input to the host and guest(s)
- Help assemble and lead production team
- Create a basic production schedule for recording, editing, and publishing
- Provide detailed edit notes on stories at different stages of production
We're looking for someone with:
- At least two years of experience as a podcast or radio producer, preferably including a range of formats and approaches (interview, scripted, documentary, etc.)
- A track record of producing excellent audio content that engages listeners and viewers
- Adaptability, with the ability to solve problems quickly and creatively
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Great research and time management skills, with a strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of and experience with industry-standard audio tools
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mention podjobs.net in your application.