Cross Promo Associate Producer (English Services)
A full time position at CBC/Radio-Canada, Toronto ON, Canada
Posted: January 15, 2020
CBC Podcasts is hiring an Associate Producer, assigned to cross promotional campaigns and audience building efforts.
This is a one year contract. FEBRUARY 1, 2020 - FEBRUARY 2, 2021
CBC Podcasts is a richly diverse collection of award-winning podcasts that engage, enlighten and entertain. We are the #1 podcaster in Canada, reaching more Canadians than any other podcast publisher. With more than 20 series in genres such as true crime, documentary, narrative storytelling, information and audio fiction.
Working under the direction and supervision of the Senior Producer & Executive Producer of CBC Podcasts, the successful candidate will develop innovative strategies to reach new listeners in Canada and around the world. They must have proven ability to manage multiple projects and have strong organizational and interpersonal skills, suited for relationship building and maintenance. A deep knowledge and understanding of the various players in the international podcast landscape is an asset.
- Builds and maintains relationships with a diverse array of external industry partners. including other public broadcasters, podcast companies, and app platforms.
- Leverages internal podcast ad inventory to develop valuable cross-promotional campaign swaps and arrangements.
- Works with each of our production teams to identify unique and authentic opportunities for content distribution and audience growth.
- Identify and create new opportunities to grow podcast audiences.
- Plays a production role for several live events and podcast festivals throughout the year (such as Hot Docs Podcast Festival, Vancouver Podcast Festival, Podcast Movement, etc).
- Develops long tail marketing and content distribution opportunities across CBC Podcasts suite of series.
- Works with CBC’s internal Communications, Marketing, Branding & Research team, supporting implementation for marketing and publicity strategies.
- You are a passionate ambassador of the CBC Podcast brand. You know about each of our series, and can communicate what’s most interesting/exciting about each title that’s in production.
- You know good content! You have a knack for identifying well-matched external podcasts for our suite of programs.
- You show initiative. You’re excited to keep on top of industry trends and players, and ensure we are at the forefront of an industry that is constantly evolving. You are driven by new ideas and strategies.
- You can navigate in a team setting. In this role you will be working with producers, hosts, mixers and managers. You are a clear and considerate communicator, who enjoys working closely with others.
- You love podcasts. You’ve listened to many, and are excited by the medium. You have deep knowledge and passion for podcasting and a proven track record of working strategically in this rapidly evolving medium.
- You cultivate and maintain remote relationships. Getting to know someone over email isn’t a challenge for you. You are a natural relationship-builder, with top-notch email energy and etiquette.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
- University or college degree or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in which the candidate has been exposed to work in media. Ideally in both an editorial and audience-building capacity.
- High level of organization and productivity.
- Strong & enthusiastic team player.
- Confident and effective communicator between various stakeholders, both internal and external to the CBC.
- Innovative with programming and ideas. Curious, incisive and critical thinker.
- Contacts across various international podcast production outlets is a bonus.
- Experience in writing, recording and mixing promotional ‘spots’ for podcasts is a bonus.
- Knowledge and passion for podcast content.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster.
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
If this sounds interesting, please click on ''Apply online''. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Diversity and Inclusion section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
You are invited to consult and familiarize yourself with our Code of Conduct, which can be found on our corporate website. All employees must adhere to the Code as a condition of employment. We also invite you to take a look at our policy on conflicts of interest. In the event that you become an employee, it will be important to inform us, as quickly as possible, of any situation that, because of your hiring, constitutes or could appear to constitute a conflict of interest.
Wherever in the wording of the job description either gender is used, it shall be understood to include all genders.
Get more details