Director of Podcast Marketing
A project or contract position
Fully remote: working with a USA-based team at Cavalry Audio.
Posted 5 weeks ago
Cavalry Audio is a full-scale podcast studio that develops, finances and produces premium audio series spanning multiple genres and formats. The newest division of Cavalry Media, a Los Angeles-based production and talent management company focused on the acquisition, development and production of premium feature films and scripted television series for global audiences. The principals’ past projects, which include House of Cards, the Fifty Shades trilogy, Captain Phillips, The Social Network and 21, have generated $2 billion in global box office receipts and have earned multiple Oscar®, Emmy® and Golden Globe nominations and wins. Cavalry Management is a full-service talent and literary management company representing actors, writers, directors and showrunners.
Cavalry Audio is currently seeking a Director, Podcast Marketing to lead all marketing campaigns and audience growth across Cavalry’s slate of podcasts.
The ideal candidate has deep experience and demonstrable results in developing and executing effective podcast marketing/promotional strategies (pre-launch, launch and post-launch) to drive listenership across all platforms. You are strategic and creative thinker who enjoys challenging traditional marketing tactics and possesses a collaborative, solutions-oriented mindset. You thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and are able to learn, contribute, and grow in concert with the company. Your passion for podcasts is evident and you have deep insight into the industry and its key players.
This is a unique opportunity to be an early contributor to a high-growth company and impact the creative direction of current and future podcast projects. This job will be located in Los Angeles, CA.
- Strategic development, execution and management of multi-faceted marketing campaigns for new and existing Cavalry Audio properties
- Lead audience acquisition, growth and engagement efforts for each podcast using a combination of organic, trade and paid tactics (including but not limited to email, website, social, video, SEO, in-network promotions, guest & talent cross-booking etc.)
- Plan and optimize marketing spend/barters for all new series launches and ongoing shows, assessing channel and campaign performance
- Work closely with platform partners (Apple, Spotify, Google, iHeart, Castbox etc.) to establish relationships in order to maximize visibility for each series
- Apply SEO initiatives and best practices to the content strategy that will strengthen and optimize both website and keyword ranking
- Create high quality presentation materials for internal and external audiences (i.e., advertisers, talent and network partners)
- Monitor reporting & analytics across all podcasts, determining audience trends to provide insights on engagement, demographics, audience overall, listener reviews and social chatter
- Design and analyze market tests and develop strategic and tactical marketing and branding strategies
- Bachelor's Degree in Public Relations (PR), Communications or Marketing preferred but not essential
- 5+ years experience in an agency or in-house environment
- Strong ability to identify new trends and collaborate with content creators
- Experience managing consumer PR/Social/Marketing campaigns from creative brief through to execution with a history of generating measurable results
- Knowledge/experience in influencer, social media and experiential promotional channels (including Facebook, Instagram Advertising)
- Ability to advise on editorial content strategies and development of content distribution plans
- Proficient in authoring high-quality visual presentations
- Experience using podcast hosting and ad serving platforms
- Ability to prioritize a wide variety of tasks with shifting deadlines
- SEO/SEM experience is a plus
- Working knowledge of the entertainment industry
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interface with various levels of management
This job has expired
We’re sorry, but this job post has now expired, and you cannot apply for it any longer.
Go to our front page to see current jobs.