Full-Time Podcast Editor
A full time position
Fully remote: working with a USA-based team at Big Giant Head.
Posted: Sep 28, 2020
Big Giant Head and the McElroy family currently produce ten podcasts, seven of which are weekly, and it’s time we brought on some help getting our shows edited and published. Our team consists of four folks who handle social media, merch, business, and general office work, all working remotely.
We’re looking for an experienced editor to edit four of our weekly shows, and potentially take on others if time and production allows. This job is completely remote, and will be done primarily independently with communications happening through email and Slack.
The job responsibilities include:
- Mixing, editing, and mastering remotely recorded audio tracks into polished episodes
- Uploading and scheduling episodes for release on our hosting platform
- Working with our social media manager to flag key parts of the episodes to be highlighted in clips
Requirements for the position are:
- Three+ years experience editing podcasts, ideally comedy
- Strong independent time management and organizational skills
- Strong editorial judgment and ear for comedic timing
- Proficiency in audio production and editing, and familiarity with a wide range of audio software
Job benefits include health insurance, paid holidays, paid time off, and a budget for establishing a remote work space. Pay will be negotiable based on experience.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three sample episodes of podcasts that you have edited to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mention podjobs.net in your application.