Senior Producer, Podcast
A full time position at Axios, Arlington VA, USA
Posted: Mar 18, 2020
Quick Take: Axios is a growth-stage startup dedicated to providing trustworthy, award-winning news content in an audience-first format. We are hiring a Senior Producer for our new podcast!
Why it Matters: The Senior Producer will help launch and produce our newest podcast, serve as a critical leader to this audio team and will lead the entire production process, from ideation to publishing. This role will report to the Executive Producer and work with our team of Associate Producers.
Go Deeper: This role carries the following responsibilities:
- Manage and support our Associate Producers
- Work with host and Executive Producer to maintain an ongoing list of interviewees.
- Pre-interview and book interviewees for weekly production.
- Book studios or stringers as needed.
- Research and fact check episodes as needed.
- Draft show outlines/scripts for host to tweak.
- Maintain production spreadsheet which includes show summaries, episode text, production schedule (airdates), and booking details.
- Work on all aspects of technical production, including editing interviews into 30 minute episodes, and mixing in music, credits, and additional show segments.
- Work with Executive Producer to develop the scope and style of the show including adding produced segments, special episodes/series, live events, and other creative elements.
The Details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for Axios’ mission and have the following skills:
- 5-7 years of media and/or journalistic experience
- Experience booking high profile guests
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Understanding of the podcast landscape
- Ability to juggle multiple projects on deadline and work across geographically-dispersed teams
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend
Get more details