A full time position at Axios, Arlington VA, USA
Posted: Mar 18, 2020
Quick Take: Axios is a growth-stage startup dedicated to providing trustworthy, award-winning news content in an audience-first format. We are hiring a Host for our new podcast!
Why it Matters: The Axios podcast Host will plan, prepare and present our nationally broadcast live daily talk show. Our podcast host will act as the voice and personality of the program across all broadcast and digital platforms.
Go Deeper: This role carries the following responsibilities:
- Stay on top of current affairs to help drive ideation and content of daily podcast.
- Prepare program scripts, including introductions, interview outlines.
- Record interviews, attend meetings and meet visitors.
- Host daily talk show with a goal of bringing smart analysis and insights to light around the day’s news and the nation’s top thought leaders. Exhibits authenticity, empathy, credibility, and curiosity.
- Support the production team with finding guests who are the best known and most respected people in their fields.
- Represent Axios publicly at events for marketing and fundraising purposes, to include moderating or hosting outside events to bring greater visibility to the show.
The Details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for Axios’ mission and have the following skills:
- Deep understanding of the digital media landscape + avid podcast consumer
- Relevant experience as an on-air host in podcasts, radio, TV or online video
- Dedicated online following on social media
- The ability to convey warmth, curiosity, credibility, and intelligence
- Able to shift nimbly between disparate topics while maintaining energy and interest
- Calm and compelling under pressure and within the context of breaking news events
- Able to handle controversial topics with intelligence, balance and tact
- Curiosity for national and international current events—across all topic areas.
- Comfortable interviewing guests from all walks of life, including some extraordinarily prominent People.
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend
Get more details