Executive Producer, Podcast
A full time position at Axios, Arlington VA, USA
Posted: Mar 18, 2020
Quick Take: Axios is a growth-stage startup dedicated to providing trustworthy, award-winning news content in an audience-first format. We are hiring an Executive Producer for our new podcast!
Why it Matters: The Executive Producer will steer the editorial content and manage the launch and production process of our newest podcast in a variety of formats and production styles including weekly interview shows, long-form narratives, and audiobooks. This role will oversee the Senior Producer and our team of Associate Producers.
Go Deeper: This role carries the following responsibilities:
- Help drive the editorial direction of our podcast by participating in all show development and pitch meetings. Work closely with editorial leadership to keep Axios on the leading edge of content production.
- Lead podcast production team in the pilot, launch and production phases and help adapt the process to suit the needs of individual shows. Meet regularly with hosts and team leaders/show runners to ensure the process is working for all involved.
- Lead kick-off meetings for each show and participate in ongoing production meetings, table reads, and other milestone meetings.
- Work with finance and operations to develop show budgets that accurately reflect the needs of various types of show production.
- Work closely with the Executive Editor to create ideas that accurately represent Axios’ mission and help create an innovative show line up.
The Details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for Axios’ mission and have the following skills:
- 8+ yrs experience in audio or digital storytelling with experience developing, launching and leading production on a successful podcast or radio program
- Experience leading teams and managing producers, with a priority on setting up structure and communicating a broader vision that allows your team to do their best work
- Experience working collaboratively with creative and editorial talent and ability to communicate on an executive level while managing the details of multiple day-to-day productions
- Hands-on audio editing skills, ideally in Pro-Tools, plus familiarity with field-recording kits and studio recording setups
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Strong journalistic judgement and integrity
- Strong attention to detail
- Deep understanding of the digital media landscape + avid podcast consumer
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend
Get more details